Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#79356 by johnnyvn
Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 pm
OK, got the Ooma roughly 30 days ago. Interesting product. When speaking to landlines, my Ooma sounds great. The moment it calls someone's cell, it can get phasey and sounding a bit like a robot.

But a day or two ago...I go to use it...and it has a hum in the audio that even the other party can hear.

Then today, all of a sudden, all the lights go out. When I plug it back in, the 1 and 2 lights come on for a bit, and then they go off.

Anyone have any idea what's up? Is this unit toast or what?

I'm starting to think that Ooma isn't all it's cracked up to be. Am I wrong?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
#79357 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:48 pm
Are you able to make phone calls? Is the light intensity off (light bulb button push cycles through the light intensity settings)?

You may not have the latest firmware. Before you get it, try dialing out using *98 prefix and see how your phone calls are like.
#79359 by thunderbird
Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:54 pm
johnnyvn wrote:OK, got the Ooma roughly 30 days ago. Interesting product. When speaking to landlines, my Ooma sounds great. The moment it calls someone's cell, it can get phasey and sounding a bit like a robot.

But a day or two ago...I go to use it...and it has a hum in the audio that even the other party can hear.

Then today, all of a sudden, all the lights go out. When I plug it back in, the 1 and 2 lights come on for a bit, and then they go off.

First the Ooma Telo is a great device. We greatly enjoy ours, calling the US for free and we use the International calling all of the time.

Check what lbmofo says above, but it sounds like you have a bad Ooma device.

If when rebooting the Ooma device won't go past the 1 & 2 lights, than it's defective.

I'd take it back to where you bought it and exchange it for a new one. After that you have to call Ooma and tell them what happened so they can turn the replacement unit on for you.

Or you can call Ooma Customer Support and tell them what happened and they should send you a new one under warrenty. In that case the new one is already programmed and all you have to do is plug it in. The shipping takes about a week and is prepaid both ways. It took less than a week to get mine replaced when I had a problem with a receptacle.

Contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#79377 by ntoy
Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:27 am
johnnyvn wrote:OK, got the Ooma roughly 30 days ago. Interesting product. When speaking to landlines, my Ooma sounds great. The moment it calls someone's cell, it can get phasey and sounding a bit like a robot.

Hello johnnyvn,

Looks like your box is up & running. From time to time we push out firmware updates to the boxes.