Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#79191 by Ely
Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:43 pm
OK guys, I just noticed one small detail that might have caused IP conflicts, after configuring my router to issue a static IP address to the Telo, I had forgot to click on "Apply" to make the address reservation effective, maybe that might have been what caused the trouble, not sure though, I have followed Thunderbird's suggestion of setting up the Telo to use the built in MAC and have crossed fingers, let's see if it behaves now, I'll look into lbmofo's suggestion on resetting the modem too, anyway today it has not rebooted so far, I'll post if I have more trouble, still if anyone thinks of something in my setup that might have caused the problem I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks a lot everyone!
#79472 by Ely
Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:43 am
I continue to have this problem :( I have reset the modem to re-learn all its settings, I have removed the address reservation I had for my Telo and removed the port 80 forwarding from the Telo itself and still nothing...

I'm at a loose here, not sure at this point if this is Telo related or not, never had an issue till I installed the Telo though, my modem signal is excellent too, so I have no idea.

The only thing I have left to try is to setup the Telo between the Modem and the Router and see if that improves things, but I hate doing that because I'm afraid this setup might decrease my DOCSIS 3.0 speeds or take my entire network if the Telo runs into issues etc.
Last edited by Ely on Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
#79473 by thunderbird
Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:55 am
Ely from your reports, you probably have a defective SB6120 or a problem with the network cables coming in from the street, to the modem, or in your home. See the following links and what their solutions were.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r251365 ... nt-reboots

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r224038 ... -resetting

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r249802 ... connection
#79474 by Ely
Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:06 am
Thanks thunderbird, I'll check out those posts, however I really doubt it it's a defective modem as this has started happening just after installing the Telo, the modem has been running at home along with my WNDR3700 router for over a year with no issues at all, as you can see my signal levels are pretty good too, so why would the cables outside the house have problems if the signal is good?

Next two things I'm gonna try is taking the Telo out of the equation, that is disconnecting and removing it from my setup at night when the phone is not needed and then see if the problem persists when I wake my desktop in the morning, I will also try setting the Telo in between the modem and the router, do you think it might my decrease broadband speeds that way?
#79476 by thunderbird
Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:16 am
Ely:
If the network cables coming into your home are marginal, a difference increased signal load my be causing the problem, as suggested in two of the three site forums that I posted. Improperly crimped cables coming into the home, etc. would break down with increased Internet signal load. From reading, the SB61120 seems to be sensitive to this kind of problem. I would doubt that the Ooma device is the problem, except if it increases the Internet signal load to a defective Internet network cable coming into the home.
#79477 by Ely
Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:27 am
Will definitely will keep that in mind too, I also will try removing a splitter I have between my Telo and the wall phone jack that I use so I can connect a Hiro dial up modem to the phone line, maybe that is causing problems too, I use this dialup modem for a program that bans telemarketers, gonna remove it from the equation too and try connecting the Telo's Phone jack to the Wall phone jack directly, might also try changing that splitter to a regular Duplex Modular Jack, since the one I have I think its different to the standard one (phone company guy installed once so I could get Caller ID on my TV, since the regular Duplex Modular wasn't doing it)
#79610 by Ely
Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:25 pm
thunderbird wrote:Ely let us know how you come out.

Well, I think I nailed it down; it was either the type of Duplex Modular Jack I was using, or "the way" I was using it, I have a dial up modem which I also need to connect to the phone line, this modem is used by a program in my computer which blocks most calls from telemarketers, like I think I previously explained, anyway I had a Duplex Modular Jack plugged into the wall phone jack, then in one input I connected the "Phone" cable from the Telo, and on the other I connected the dialup modem.

I removed that setup and got a new Duplex Modular Jack, but I connected it directly to the Telo's Phone port, then sent one cable to the phone jack on the wall, and the other to the dialup modem using the Duplex Jack, so far so good, no more issues.

Thanks thunderbid, when I read about "noise on the line" on those posts you gave me links to, that immediately gave me the clue I needed :)