Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#79056 by ronfry261
Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 pm
Good day,

I have a Ooma Telo. We took a lightning strike 2 nights ago. Odd thing is I have power configured as follows: house>UPS>surge protector>power adapters. The Ooma is hooked up Internet>router>ooma. Somehow the 5vdc power adapter for the ooma was damaged. I replaced it today and now I have the following lights flashing: volume/brightness/page. The following lights are on: 1/2/trash/save. It will not connect to my router. I have changed ports on the router, no joy. The odd thing is I have changed the configuration to internet>ooma>router and the router and computers did reach the internet, however the ooma indicators are still the same as above.

My assumption is the ooma is toast. Any thoughts?

Thanks
#79059 by thunderbird
Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:49 pm
ronfry261 wrote:Good day,

I have a Ooma Telo. We took a lightning strike 2 nights ago. Odd thing is I have power configured as follows: house>UPS>surge protector>power adapters. The Ooma is hooked up Internet>router>ooma. Somehow the 5vdc power adapter for the ooma was damaged. I replaced it today and now I have the following lights flashing: volume/brightness/page. The following lights are on: 1/2/trash/save. It will not connect to my router. I have changed ports on the router, no joy. The odd thing is I have changed the configuration to internet>ooma>router and the router and computers did reach the internet, however the ooma indicators are still the same as above.

My assumption is the ooma is toast. Any thoughts?

Thanks

When the Ooma Telo gets to the point in its boot cycle that you described, it is looking for an Internet signal. But when the Trash Can and Envelope is lit also, something is wrong.

Try accessing you Ooma Setup pages, with a computer connected to the Ooma Telo Home port, with a network cable. Type in http://172.27.35.1, and the Ooma setup pages should open in you computer browser's window. If you get that far, Click on Internet Settings. Go to Internet Settings and click on the down arrow and select Automatic. Click on Update at the bottom of the page. Click on update even if the Internet Settings was already set to Automatic. What you are trying to do is to "jog" the Ooma Telo internal software back to life.

If you can't access Ooma Setup or doing the Update doesn't help after one or two reboots, than your Ooma Telo is probably toast.

The next step would to contact Ooma Customer Support. They may replace your unit if it's still in the warrenty period.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST