Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#78806 by stestardi
Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:47 am
Is there a way to access the Telo setup page (http://setup.ooma.com) when my Telo is not between my router and modem? I know I can do it by hardwiring my telo to my PC, but I'd rather do it over my network. Put another way, is there a way to determine the IP address of my Telo so I can browse to its EWS?

Thanks.

Steve
#78810 by tomcat
Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:08 am
thunderbird wrote a nice "how-to" for accessing the setup page from the telo's internet port. This will allow you access to the telo's setup page from your router's LAN without having to change cables around.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11094&p=77193#p77193

NOTE: you do not want to use this configuration if your telo is in your router's DMZ or if your telo is ever put between your modem and your router. This will expose your telo's setup page to the internet.
Last edited by tomcat on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
#78811 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:11 am
Yep. Also, easier if you have router assign a static address to your Ooma and then go to ooma device setup page once and set port forward and you'll be able to access your ooma device setup via the static ip.