Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#78790 by stestardi
Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:05 pm
For the last two days, the Caller ID shown on my VTech phone connected to my Ooma Telo is displaying the name only, with no phone number. Everything worked fine prior to that. Re-booting the Telo did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions?

Steve
#78793 by thunderbird
Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:48 pm
Try unpowering you cordless phone base and than repower the cordless phone base. Then test.

See if you have the latest new NEW Ooma Telo 45073 Firmware update.

View topic: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11265

Dial *#*#001 to speak the firmware version is only valid after you have received your NEW Ooma Telo 45073 Firmware update. An easy way to tell if you have the NEW 45073 Firmware update is when you push any of the buttons on the Ooma Telo, there will be beeps or Voice Statements.

If you want, you can view your current version of Firmware by accessing you Ooma Setup pages with a computer's wired LAN port connected with a network cable to the Ooma device's Home port. Restart you computer. Type in http://172.27.35.1 in your computer's browser window and the Ooma Setup page opens.thunderbird
#78851 by dms
Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:28 pm
I have had this problem since Mar 18. Very frustrating, as my phone will not dial out any number from my caller id list.
I do not have the new update. Nothing beeps on my Telo.
How do I get the new firmware update? Is that an automatic thing?

I went to http://172.27.35.1 and could not find the latest firmware number. Where do I look for it?

Thanks for any help.
#78857 by murphy
Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:04 pm
dms wrote:I have had this problem since Mar 18. Very frustrating, as my phone will not dial out any number from my caller id list.
I do not have the new update. Nothing beeps on my Telo.
How do I get the new firmware update? Is that an automatic thing?

I went to http://172.27.35.1 and could not find the latest firmware number. Where do I look for it?

Thanks for any help.

It's on the Status page.
#79010 by stestardi
Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:42 am
I called and filed a ticket asking them to force the update to my Telo. The agent I talked to said she would escalate to second level, but they requested that I provide screenshots of my call log before they would force the update. In response to that message, I received:

"My sincerest apology for the inconvenience that this caller-ID issue has caused you. Let me personally take care of this issue.

I got an update from one of our Network Engineer. This is actually an ongoing issue here at Ooma. We had migrated to a bigger and better server, that's why some of our features were affected. This is going to be resolved on April 11, 2011."

So I wonder if the FW update really address the problem at all...
#79025 by southsound
Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:32 am
stestardi wrote:So I wonder if the FW update really address the problem at all...

It did for me. I was having the same issue but now it is working just as it should after the 45073 update.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests