Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#78723 by Ely
Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:47 pm
I currently have a program called PhoneTray Dialup http://www.phonetray.com/ to get rid of most spammers and telemarketers who constantly call us on our landline phone, This program allows you to block entire area codes from calling you, for example you enter *954* and then nobody with that area code can reach you, or you could block ALL numbers which Caller ID shows up anything like "Toll Free* , *Private Number*, *Unknown* etc, just recently started with Ooma and noticed all the nice features in the Premium Plan to block unwanted callers based on black lists and community black lists etc, however I didn't see anything about being able to block people based on area codes or words displayed in the caller ID Name area.

Is this possible at all with Ooma, in any case I can still hopefully use my program with Ooma.
#78724 by EA PA
Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:01 pm
Ely wrote:I currently have a program called PhoneTray Dialup http://www.phonetray.com/ to get rid of most spammers and telemarketers who constantly call us on our landline phone, This program allows you to block entire area codes from calling you, for example you enter *954* and then nobody with that area code can reach you, or you could block ALL numbers which Caller ID shows up anything like "Toll Free* , *Private Number*, *Unknown* etc, just recently started with Ooma and noticed all the nice features in the Premium Plan to block unwanted callers based on black lists and community black lists etc, however I didn't see anything about being able to block people based on area codes or words displayed in the caller ID Name area.

Is this possible at all with Ooma, in any case I can still hopefully use my program with Ooma.

My OOMA - sign in
Preferences Tab
Privacy (along left side)
Anonymous Call Block section
Check Enable Anon Call Block
Select options for Anon calls should get... select one option
Then save - it takes about 10 min or less to update OOMA

Edit: this will catch Anon and Unknown

There is no feature to block Area Code. There is another thread about this topic - use search to locate

Edit again: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10419&p=72142&hilit=area+code+block#p72141
#78748 by Ely
Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:34 pm
Thanks, I had certainly seen those features, I was looking for a more verbose way to block specific ranges of numbers and names on the Caller ID Name, but thanks, will check that thread.