Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#78640 by nn5i
Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:15 pm
Query: when a Hub is reactivated (by paying the reactivation fee), and that particular Hub was originally part of a Core, does it retain Core status (free service) after reactivation? Or does it become just another Hub, with a monthly fee? I'm contemplating purchase of such a unit.
#78642 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:34 pm
You talking about the one up for sale on eBay now? :)
Reactivation of any device will get you on the latest RRF which is monthly.

October 2nd, 2009 @ 4:45 pm
by Team Ooma

https://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/02/how ... customers/

"The used Ooma Hub may be resold but will require a $xx.xx reactivation fee to assign a new number and owner. When activated, the new account will be subject to the xxxxxx annual regulatory recovery fee."

BTW, I've always wondered about the note posted by Rich on that same day talking about no VM for basic/free service....was there a coup? :P

https://www.ooma.com/blog/how-oomas-term ... customers/

Friday, October 2nd, 2009
Rich Buchanan
Chief Marketing Officer
Ooma
#78655 by nn5i
Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:33 pm
Thank you, lbmofo. Yes, that's the one I was considering. I'm considering it no longer.
#79718 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:49 pm
lbmofo wrote:
BTW, I've always wondered about the note posted by Rich on that same day talking about no VM for basic/free service....was there a coup? :P

I think I asked this before, and the reponse was that this increase to 12 bucks per mo for fees was not applicable to new Telos. Please tell me I am misinterpreting.....

Ooma Telo Product
Newly Purchased Telo’s

Includes US domestic calling, a free phone number, call waiting, caller ID, and 911 service. Voice mail is no longer included in the base service of the unit.
Telo’s come with a free 60 day trial of Ooma Premier which costs $9.99/mo or $119.99/yr.
Enhanced voicemail is available as a standalone option for $49.99/yr if you don’t want to purchase all the Premier features. Enhanced voicemail includes;
One-Touch access to voicemail, Call Screening
Remote access to messages through any web browser or telephone
Voicemail notifications to your mobile phone
Voicemail mp3 audio file attachment sent to your email
Send-to-Voicemail
Do Not Disturb
Telo’s come with an annual regulatory recovery fee of $11.75 beginning the second year of service
Previous Ooma Hub Owners
Previous Ooma Hub owners (Core or Premier), can move their accounts, phone numbers, and features to the new Telo service including voice mail but will not be subject to the annual regulatory recovery fee of $11.75.
The used Ooma Hub may be resold but will require a $59.99 reactivation fee to assign a new number and owner. When activated, the new account will be subject to the $11.75 annual regulatory recovery fee.
Last edited by EA PA on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#79720 by tomcat
Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:04 pm
EA PA wrote:I think I asked this before, and the reponse was that this increase to 12 bucks per mo for fees was not applicable to new Telos......

I may be reading it wrong, but the $11.75 fee in the write-up looks to be an annual fee, not monthly. :?:
#79722 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:14 pm
tomcat wrote:
EA PA wrote:I think I asked this before, and the reponse was that this increase to 12 bucks per mo for fees was not applicable to new Telos......

I may be reading it wrong, but the $11.75 fee in the write-up looks to be an annual fee, not monthly. :?:

Ah my bad - back to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzz tnx

Edit: really bad when you make it bold, and miss one of the most important words.....
#79723 by tomcat
Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:27 pm
EA PA wrote:
tomcat wrote:

Ah my bad - back to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzz tnx

Edit: really bad when you make it bold, and miss one of the most important words.....

Just glad to see that I am not the only one that does that. Shhhhh. Don't tell. :cool:
Last edited by tomcat on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#79725 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:36 pm
OOMA just too good to be true... working to break even. Always on edge waiting on the rule change - so negative.... :|

I just ran into a friend of mine. He saw forum up...said - Oh OOMA? I laughed - you too? He Core user for over 2 years now.. funny, these things popping up everywhere. Of course he has never had an issue - ever.

Still looking for the OOMA response to Magic Jack ads on TV...

OOMA OOMA OOMA :D
#79726 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
EA PA wrote:Still looking for the OOMA response to Magic Jack ads on TV...

OOMA OOMA OOMA :D

What did MagicJack say?
Yeah, that $11.75 per year was before the monthly RRF kicked in.