Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#78571 by sdp1234
Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:21 pm
I've been intermittently losing internet. I realize now that it is when i'm on the phone. Weird thing is that it only seems to be impacting my pc not the others in the house. My PC has a hard wire directly to the Verizon router modem. Ooma is directly connected to the verizon router modem. I can ping the router when I lose connection.

Any Ideas?
#78572 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:32 pm
Do the "built in modem port mac address" by hooking up a computer to the home port of Ooma. viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155

Then turn everything off. Turn on modem first, wait til it comes online then, Ooma, then PC (even though they are both connected to the modem).
#78631 by vik
Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 am
I have the exact problem; except only with one notebook running Win XP Home. I even tried re-installing Windows, but it did not help. The notebook does not lose connection to the wireless, only the internet does not work.. I have other computers in the house running Win 7, Vista etc.. and they seem to work fine..
#78633 by thunderbird
Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:18 am
vik wrote:I have the exact problem; except only with one notebook running Win XP Home. I even tried re-installing Windows, but it did not help. The notebook does not lose connection to the wireless, only the internet does not work.. I have other computers in the house running Win 7, Vista etc.. and they seem to work fine..

Do what lbmofo says above, turn off MAC Address Spoofing by selecting Use Built-In MAC address in you Ooma Setup pages.

If that doesn't work, to prevent interference, make sure that your cordless phone base and router is located about three or four feet away from the Ooma device.