Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#78234 by FogNoggin
Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:11 pm
I have a Telo but found a new old-stock Hub/Scout setup for my cheapskate sister last summer. Part of the appeal was the free-forever caller-id and voicemail as indicated by the box. Indeed, she's had totally free service, including caller-id WITH NAME, since she signed with Ooma 9 months ago.

Beginning yesterday, her caller-id now displays no name, only the number. Calls to Ooma suggest that this feature must now be purchased, as is the case with us Telo users. This totally contradicts the promises made on the Hub packaging.

Any other original Hub users out there having this problem?? It would be a shame for Ooma to go back on their word.
#78264 by lbmofo
Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:32 am
I've checked with a Core and a Basic Hub user and they are not having this issue. Not sure what's going on with your sister's Hub.

FYI, the caller-id name is part of base service (free service) only if you activated with Ooma Core (Hub & Scout combo).

More info Ooma Hub vs Ooma Telo: viewtopic.php?t=9245#p64442

FYI on this topic with Basic service: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9092&start=10#p64588

Bobby B wrote:We haven't got around to disabling caller-ID name for all Telo Basic users. This will likely be phased in sometime this year.

The main reason we didn't disable the caller-ID name for Telo Basic users during the initial Telo launch was because the contact list feature wasn't ready. We decided to absorb the cost of caller-ID name lookups until then.

Bobby B wrote:There are no plans to disable caller-ID name lookups for Hub Basic users until we get address book lookups working on the Hub.