Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#77588 by owyangs
Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:07 pm
I have been reading posts on distributing dial tone to all house jacks. I have looked at our box and it's very confusing and doesn't match up to other people that have posted. I'm hoping I can explain it and maybe someone can help me.

In the past they tried to put in DSL but it didn't work but I don't know if they left stuff in there. Also there was a second line in the past but it was disconnected years ago.

The working land line was disconnected by ATT and we don't have dial tone to the jacks now.

In the box, there is a protector that has 4 screws. These wires are attached.
Top right - brown/white, white/green and thicker green (coming from the beige bundle).
Bottom right - red, brown(a little thicker) green(coming from white bundle)
Top left - orange
Bottom left - orange/white

There are two wires but I don't think these are the ones that are the telco ones.
One white that has 6 wires- white/green, green, orange, white/orange, blue and white/blue.
One beige that has 4 wires - black, red, yellow and green(little thicker).

The other connections are

From the white bundle - the orange and white/orange go to other protectors on the side of the box.(there are two protectors on the side that are smaller and have three screws each.

Black from beige bundle connects to the blue from the white bundle
Yellow from beige bundle connects to the white/blue from the white bundle

Also, can you tell me once, disconnected wires are taken off and reconnected, I have to use a splitter to connect the wall and phone on the hub?

Thanks!!
Attachments
ooma 001.jpg
ooma 001.jpg (52.62 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
#77951 by danlisman
Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:05 pm
If you have cable modem (as opposed to DSL) you should be able to disconnect all wires at phone box and connect Ooma "home" port to nearest wall phone jack.
#77953 by highq
Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:10 pm
danlisman wrote:If you have cable modem (as opposed to DSL) you should be able to disconnect all wires at phone box and connect Ooma "home" port to nearest wall phone jack.

I think you mean "phone port" there, not "home port".
#77957 by danlisman
Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:08 pm
highq wrote:
danlisman wrote:If you have cable modem (as opposed to DSL) you should be able to disconnect all wires at phone box and connect Ooma "home" port to nearest wall phone jack.

I think you mean "phone port" there, not "home port".

You are right. It DOES say "phone". My memory was convinced that it said "home". :shock:
It is the one that does NOT say "wall". :)