Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#82527 by lbmofo
Tue May 31, 2011 2:01 pm
OomaGirl wrote:Well I looked into it more. Their long blog post from Oct 09 says you can only transfer your account and keep no-fees, if you are Premier or a Core user, not a basic Hub user. But, maybe none of those users (Hub users with no-fees) exist anyway.

I want HD quality but would probably dislike Telo compared to the Hub. HD quality probably trumps the downsides of Telo for me, but I'm not going to pay a bunch to switch. It does say you can sell your used Hub, but the new owner will pay over $71 in fees.

I am sure there are lots of Core users out there still.

lbmofo wrote:https://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/02/how ... customers/

"Previous Ooma Hub Owners

a. Previous Ooma hub owners (Core or Premier), can move their accounts, phone numbers, and features to the new Telo service including voicemail, and will not be subject to the annual regulatory recovery fee."

This should be a standing offer unless Ooma comes out and changes it in the future. You'd have to call in and ask for 2nd level or above agent to handle for you.

Also, the blog talks about Core or Premier (Core Premier) users.
#82528 by OomaGirl
Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm
That's what I just said, the user can be Core or Premier to get that upgrade deal. But I said maybe there are people on Hub who are paying no taxes so they would not get this upgrade deal. (But I'm thinking those Hub NON-Core NON-Premier don't even exist).
#82529 by hari
Tue May 31, 2011 2:16 pm
OomaGirl wrote:That's what I just said, the user can be Core or Premier to get that upgrade deal. But I said maybe there are people on Hub who are paying no taxes so they would not get this upgrade deal. (But I'm thinking those Hub NON-Core NON-Premier don't even exist).

Fair enough! I also confirmed by calling them that only new or refurbs purchased from authorized dealers can be used to transfer the service over. Any used device would definitely have a transfer fees incurred, which is probably $79.99.
#82530 by lbmofo
Tue May 31, 2011 2:37 pm
OomaGirl wrote:That's what I just said, the user can be Core or Premier to get that upgrade deal. But I said maybe there are people on Hub who are paying no taxes so they would not get this upgrade deal. (But I'm thinking those Hub NON-Core NON-Premier don't even exist).

Got you. Hub users with RRF, there are lots, I am sure. A family member is one such user :) You can find lots of new Hubs out there for sale still.