Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#79727 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:54 pm
hari wrote:When I called the other day and talked to an agent, he said they are no longer offering the extended warranty, even after telling him that I got two emails about it so far. I got the reminder again a 3rd time today about my expiring warranty. He did tell me that they would transfer the same plan to telo, if they can't replace with a hub, but I am not sure if it is one of those lazy answers you get (because the agent has no energy to research or no resources or doesn't care about the impact of his/her response).

If you can access this page: https://my.ooma.com/products/addons_det ... _extension
You can buy the extended warranty.

hari wrote:@lbmofof does this mean, you actually don't need a warranty if all that you are interested in is in keeping the plan? Looks like, when my refurbished hub fails, I can as well simply buy a new Telo and transfer the service to it without loosing my core plan, right?

I take the below as when a Core customer's Hub goes belly up, they call Ooma to buy a Telo and Core should xfer to the new Telo. Like I said, this is unless Ooma changes this in the future. What's printed on the original Core box is that you'd get whatever service/terms coming to you "for the life of the device."

"Previous Ooma Hub Owners

a. Previous Ooma hub owners (Core or Premier), can move their accounts, phone numbers, and features to the new Telo service including voicemail, and will not be subject to the annual regulatory recovery fee."

Here is a tidbit on this topic a long while back in a colorful thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7842&start=10#p55256
#79745 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:40 pm
hari wrote:@lbmofof does this mean, you actually don't need a warranty if all that you are interested in is in keeping the plan? Looks like, when my refurbished hub fails, I can as well simply buy a new Telo and transfer the service to it without loosing my core plan, right?

If you just want your Ooma to last, get this cool setup: viewtopic.php?t=8227#p71291 :D
#79746 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:50 pm
lbmofo wrote:

If you just want your Ooma to last, get this cool setup: viewtopic.php?t=8227#p71291 :D

Cool is Key! :cool:
#79756 by hari
Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:51 am
lbmofo wrote:

So heat is really an issue with these devices? Considering how big these are compared to most of the regular voip adapters, I didn't think it could be.
#79757 by lbmofo
Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:04 am
Don't think the devices have issues with heat. I just love the fact that when I feel the bottom of my Hub, it is "as cool as the other side of the pillow." It can't hurt :)
#79767 by hari
Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:30 am

I would appreciate if someone could answer this question, this is the final, I promise. Whenever my hub goes belly up, I could simply buy a telo and as a "Previous Ooma Hub Owner" transfer my service to it?
#79853 by nn5i
Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:52 am
Seems to me the answer was given several times in the thread. Consistently it has been "yes".
#79857 by hari
Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:10 am
nn5i wrote:Seems to me the answer was given several times in the thread. Consistently it has been "yes".

It was, but was always mixed with other bits of information, so wanted to make sure I got it right, that's all. Thanks for your confirmation.
#79865 by nn5i
Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:14 am
Forgive them. Concise writing is not among their gifts.
#79875 by hari
Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:49 am
nn5i wrote:Forgive them. Concise writing is not among their gifts.

That is alright, folks here have been very helpful, this is a great forum.