Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#79700 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:26 pm
hari wrote:Also hoping to hear some experiences on what happens to the plan if Ooma decides to replace it with a Telo.

https://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/02/how ... customers/

"Previous Ooma Hub Owners

a. Previous Ooma hub owners (Core or Premier), can move their accounts, phone numbers, and features to the new Telo service including voicemail, and will not be subject to the annual regulatory recovery fee."

This should be a standing offer unless Ooma comes out and changes it in the future. You'd have to call in and ask for 2nd level or above agent to handle for you.
#79701 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:27 pm
hari wrote:
EA PA wrote:In this case, you are in a land of unknowns. The previous owner may have lots of mileage on the unit, may have had it in a hot environment and shorted the life of the internal components until it failed. Conversely it may have been manufacturing defect or infant failure in which case you may have a unit that will last for years. Absent any of this information, it really becomes a personal comfort issue. It sounds like you talked yourself into it warranty already - lose core package, no fees etc. There is nothing wrong with reasonably priced, good warranty for peace of mind particularly if you are concerned with changing rules that will cost you in the future.

Right, I talked myself into it, but not sure if I am thinking right, so expecting to hear from like minded people. Also hoping to hear some experiences on what happens to the plan if Ooma decides to replace it with a Telo.

If you are asking what happens if you have the warranty, the Hub fails, you send it back and they send you a Telo instead - I guess because they run out of Hubs and cant fix the old hub, the best people to ask is OOMA customer service. Maybe one of the forum moderators could help.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#79703 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:35 pm
lbmofo wrote:
hari wrote:Also hoping to hear some experiences on what happens to the plan if Ooma decides to replace it with a Telo.

https://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/02/how ... customers/

"Previous Ooma Hub Owners

a. Previous Ooma hub owners (Core or Premier), can move their accounts, phone numbers, and features to the new Telo service including voicemail, and will not be subject to the annual regulatory recovery fee."

This should be a standing offer unless Ooma comes out and changes it in the future. You'd have to call in and ask for 2nd level or above agent to handle for you.

lbmofo - is this applicable to warranty issues? or just new OOMA purchases as they moved from core to Telo?
#79704 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:36 pm
If you are wanting to upgrade from Core to Telo (let's say your Core goes belly up without warranty and you need to buy a new Ooma device), just talk to Ooma.
#79710 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:47 pm
lbmofo wrote:If you are wanting to upgrade from Core to Telo (let's say your Core goes belly up without warranty and you need to buy a new Ooma device), just talk to Ooma.

hari - more info: I would check to see if this still applies

Note: What happens to my taxes and fees status?
The Ooma Telo will inherit the same taxes and fees that currently apply to your Ooma Hub. If your Ooma Hub was activated when there were no taxes and fees applied to your account, Ooma will continue to honor that agreement when you upgrade to the Ooma Telo.

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... /related/1
#79711 by lbmofo
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 pm
Ha, EA PA, you found it. Yes, this offer still stands; nothing changed yet.
#79712 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 pm
lbmofo wrote:If you are wanting to upgrade from Core to Telo (let's say your Core goes belly up without warranty and you need to buy a new Ooma device), just talk to Ooma.

lbmofof - I think what is being asked is what happens if forced into Telo due to failure of Hub under warranty with no more available or unrepairable vs desired upgrade relative to monthly fees etc compared to legacy program.
#79715 by hari
Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:17 pm
EA PA wrote:If you are asking what happens if you have the warranty, the Hub fails, you send it back and they send you a Telo instead - I guess because they run out of Hubs and cant fix the old hub, the best people to ask is OOMA customer service. Maybe one of the forum moderators could help.

When I called the other day and talked to an agent, he said they are no longer offering the extended warranty, even after telling him that I got two emails about it so far. I got the reminder again a 3rd time today about my expiring warranty. He did tell me that they would transfer the same plan to telo, if they can't replace with a hub, but I am not sure if it is one of those lazy answers you get (because the agent has no energy to research or no resources or doesn't care about the impact of his/her response).
#79716 by hari
Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:21 pm
@lbmofof does this mean, you actually don't need a warranty if all that you are interested in is in keeping the plan? Looks like, when my refurbished hub fails, I can as well simply buy a new Telo and transfer the service to it without loosing my core plan, right?
#79719 by EA PA
Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:52 pm
hari wrote:
EA PA wrote:If you are asking what happens if you have the warranty, the Hub fails, you send it back and they send you a Telo instead - I guess because they run out of Hubs and cant fix the old hub, the best people to ask is OOMA customer service. Maybe one of the forum moderators could help.

When I called the other day and talked to an agent, he said they are no longer offering the extended warranty, even after telling him that I got two emails about it so far. I got the reminder again a 3rd time today about my expiring warranty. He did tell me that they would transfer the same plan to telo, if they can't replace with a hub, but I am not sure if it is one of those lazy answers you get (because the agent has no energy to research or no resources or doesn't care about the impact of his/her response).

Wow - no longer offering....? Nice answer. :(