Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#5432 by Studly
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:05 am
I'm thinking of going to a barebones landline and will be forwarding its calls to my Ooma number. But if I cancel Caller ID on the landline, will I still be able to see Caller ID on Ooma for the calls that have been forwarded from the landline?
#9716 by bw1
Fri May 15, 2009 5:50 am
Wayne,

Does this not work for you? According to Dennis P, this should work:

http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1537&p=9299&hilit=forward#p9299

Dennis P wrote:If you choose to stick with the Core service tier, call-waiting will work as long as Call Forward on Busy (CFB) is provisioned on your phone line. You do not need to have ooma Premier to get call-waiting, but you will need to work with your phone company to get CFB added to your line. I will e-mail you offline the phone number that you need to have your calls forwarded to.

Another option is to forward all your calls to ooma (not just when busy). This has the added advantage of you getting Caller-ID (since ooma now sees the incoming call) without paying your phone company for it. The downside of this is that if your Internet connection drops out, then you won't be able to receive calls.