Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#76919 by Lilly's_Closet
Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:44 am
You mileage may vary, based on availability. I saw this and though it may of use to someone.

Get High-Speed DSL Internet from AT&T, the nation's largest wired and wireless broadband provider. With DSL broadband Internet from AT&T, you'll surf at fast DSL Internet access speeds at home and on the go, with access to thousands of hotspots from the nation's largest Wi-Fi network. Talk and surf at the same time by adding DSL Internet to your existing AT&T home phone service, or get DSL without traditional local phone service while still enjoying all the same great high-speed Internet features. AT&T offers DSL Internet without a phone line, or with phone service.

How to get this deal:

Click here http://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=7709 ... ID=1260291

Select the "DSL Pro" plan for $14.95 and click to check availability

Optional: Don't need the phone line? Click "DSL without a phone line" to view DSL Dry Loop plans starting at $19.99/month!

Provide the required information to sign up for service

Choose the DSL modem for FREE after Rebate (or pick the DSL Gateway for an additional cost)

Final Price: $14.95/month for 12 months + Free Modem ($75 value) + Tax
#77432 by ConnieIL
Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:13 pm
Please stay far, far, far away from this offer. I tried the offer several months back, expending HUGE amounts of time trying to coordinate ooma, setting up a dry line, canceling my landline and 3.0 DSL line. I signed up for 6mbps on a dry line. Right after installation I found out I had 1.5. Many phone calls later and 2 trips to AT&T's store, I was unable to get any speed higher than 1.5, tho the techs that were out here agreed I could get faster.

AT&T wants you to get UVerse, which is not even available to me, if I wanted it. These support people will literally tell you anything. Supposedly all the 3.0 Mbps (only 50) lines into my area were taken...even tho I had just had 3.0 at my house.

My daughter is running to insurmountable problems with AT&T also. From 5 visits to set her up, to losing internet for 2 days in the last week, to never getting the credit for her deal (they owe her over $100). And this is not an uncommon issue. They tell you it will take 2-3 months for the credit to kick in, and it never does.

I went to Comcast, and so is she.

WE GIVE UP ON THE WORST COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY