Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#5403 by Kort
Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:26 am
A few days ago, the tab on my scout went from blue to red. It does not blink.
The system appears to be working fine and the hub is normal. Anyone know why this might be? I've tried disconnecting and re-connecting, and unplugging for a while but it still stays red.
Thanks.
#5404 by murphy
Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:42 am
You didn't tell us how the scout is connected to the hub. If it's not already connected this way, connect the wall port of the scout to the wall port of the hub with nothing else connected to the wall ports. Does it work in this configuration?
#5518 by Kort
Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:03 pm
The Scout is not connected to the phone as the phone is a satellite and doesn't have a jack. I do connect the scout into the wall though. It worked fine until a few days ago. I didn't realize that in addition to the light being on, it is completely not working.
#5522 by WayneDsr
Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:17 pm
Place the hub and the Scout next to each other. Connect the Scout directly to the hub via wall jack on each. WALL TO WALL.
Does the Scout now have a blue light?

Wayne
#20478 by Kort
Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:55 pm
Sorry for not getting back Wayne.
I never tried your second suggestion and ended up using my spare scout which works fine.
I think the other died on me.
#20734 by Kort
Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:29 am
WayneDsr wrote:May it Rest in Peace....

Wayne

It is, on a shelf in the garage. :)
#36914 by Kort
Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:50 am
Okay, now it has happened to my second scout. :cry: All of a sudden it just turned red. Plugged it directly into my hub and still get the red light. Here is the setup: Upstairs is the hub connected to the primary phone unit. Hub connects to wall jack. Downstairs is the scout connected to the wall jack and a satellite unit of the phone. Any ideas why my scouts keep dying???
#36919 by Groundhound
Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:31 am
Kort wrote:Okay, now it has happened to my second scout. :cry: All of a sudden it just turned red. Plugged it directly into my hub and still get the red light. Here is the setup: Upstairs is the hub connected to the primary phone unit. Hub connects to wall jack. Downstairs is the scout connected to the wall jack and a satellite unit of the phone. Any ideas why my scouts keep dying???

Power issue? Can you check the output voltage on the power supply?
#37449 by Kort
Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:55 am
Groundhound wrote:Power issue? Can you check the output voltage on the power supply?

I'm not sure how I'd do that, could you explain? Seems odd that it would happen to both scouts. I don't think it is the outlet because the phone plugged in there has outlasted both of them.