Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#75790 by marksnyder
Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:19 pm
I have called several times and sometimes the CSR says they will contact engineering and other times they say to check back in 2 weeks. I have been trying to have my number ported since December. I get a message saying you may not be able to port my number and then it gives me the customer support center phone number. I am ready willing and able to give you the $40.00 to do this for me. Please port my number....
#75810 by ydnar723
Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:41 am
They should be able to provide you with a little more information with regards to the engineering requests. There are a couple of reasons that come to mind but I won't flood the details in as anything could be possible at this point other then it went with Engineering.
I would continue to call, (or maybe someone from Ooma can step in here)I had a port instance that went to Engineering and I was calling in at least twice a day for an answer and after 4 days I got an answer to my number port (It didn't happen unfortunatley) but where it has been this long, you should call into support, before the carrier you are porting from cancels the port request due to the amount of time taken (unless they were notified of the delay) and causes this cycle to start over again if they determine they can port your number, but I don't think from my experiences, it should be taking this long for you to know if you can port this number or not.