Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#75672 by SamNTamara
Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:15 am
December 30, 2010 I placed an order to have my phone number ported to Ooma from AT&T.

January 03, 2011 I receive notification that the number will be ported on January 18, 2011.

January 17, 2011 I receive notification that the port will happen tomorrow on January 18, 2011.

January 18, 2011 - I receive a voicemail on the number that is supposed to be ported about every 30 minutes letting me know the number is about to be ported.

January 24, 2011 - I check my voicemail provided by AT&T to find the bazillion voicemail messages (the number thankfully doesn't ring to my house any longer as the POTS line was disconnected). I contact Ooma support and I am told that they will investigate and call me back. I then receive a voicemail from Bill Stetner who claims to be the Porting manager letting me know that AT&T is refusing to release the phone number.

January 28, 2011 - I call AT&T and inquire, there is NO lock on my number and they can see no record of anyone attempting to port the number.

January 28, 2011 - I call Bill Stetner who doesn't answer his phone and leave him a voicemail which is never returned.

February 4, 2011 - I call Bill Stetner who doesn't answer his phone and leave him a voicemail which is never returned.

February 18, 2011 - I receive e-mail notification that my Ooma number that is tied to my account and has been given as a contact number until Ooma can figure out how to port my number is removed from my account. My ATT number is now the primary number, unfortunately it is still ringing to AT&T.

February 19, 2011 - I call Ooma support to figure out WTF is their problem and why the number was removed from my account as I now have no phone service to my house. Support tech comes on and begins investigating what the status of my port is, after explaining multiple times over 40 minutesshe finally grasps I have no phone service and has someone look into getting my number which I never authorized Ooma to remove put back onto my acccount. She then tells me the "engineers" are looking into my port and someone should contact me shortly with a status.

February 21, 2011 - No change no one has contacted me.

This is absolutely ridiculous plain and simple.
#75684 by SamNTamara
Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:47 pm
Yes I contacted loa@ooma.com which is why Bill Stenton left me a voicemail letting me know they were investigating. That was almost a month ago and three voicemails with NO response.

If the dashboard site wasn't down I would tell you. Last I checked it was a step prior to being completed.