Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#75257 by gregg098
Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:45 pm
Im going to be moving and want to keep my main number, but get a new second number with a local area code. Is there any way to see what numbers are available without having an operator read them off?
#75259 by lbmofo
Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm
You can add a 2nd number if you are Premier. Just goto my.ooma.com, under Preferences - Phone Numbers, do Add a phone number. You can pick and choose there.
#75260 by gregg098
Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:19 pm
I just want to search numbers, not add anything right now. When I go there i have to add to my cart and checkout. I have a few extra numbers and just want to replace one with a new number.
#75263 by lbmofo
Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:09 pm
If you don't have premier, you won't have the "add a phone number" available on the web page that I told you about.

If you do have premier, you click on the "add a phone number" link and you'll be able to see what numbers you can choose by inputting area code and prefix. If you have 2 numbers already, then it will not let you browse phone numbers but directs you to the add-on page to purchase additional number. Additional numbers cost $4.99 a month. If you have Premier, 2 are free, 3rd will start to cost (you can have up to 7 more numbers on top of the 2 that's bundled with Premier).

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... e%20number
#80027 by sycd
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:22 am
This is my main gripe about ooma right now. I picked a second number from a list of phone numbers in the town I live in. But the phone number prefix is in a different city farther away, and local people close to me need to dial the full 10 digit number to call me even though I live down the street.

Now I cannot check out other prefixes myself since I would need to buy a 3rd number. If I call ooma to change my second number I have to pay $20, and I have no way to verify that the number they give me is really closer to me than the number I already have, and I would be out $20 for nothing.

Any suggestions?