Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#75162 by Wease
Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:23 pm
My number port went through today and since then, I'm losing my internet connection from my router. I've got a Trend Net Wireless N router, Ooma Telo, and RoadRunner standard cable modem. Twice today I've had internet (both wireless and hard line) without much of an issue and then all of a sudden, nothing. Both times I've had to entirely reboot Ooma to get everything back to normal. Even when I have no internet, I'm able to log into my router's web page, do a ping test from there to any site without issue, and make / receive calls with Ooma. Now, when I shut down Ooma entirely and just go back to my old setup of just the cable modem running right into my router, I have no issues at all. I did not have any of these problems prior to my number port. Any ideas? :?:
#75163 by lbmofo
Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:38 pm
Shutdown modem (take battery out if any) and everything else.

Turn modem on, wait for it to come oneline. Then turn on ooma, wait til blue, then turn on the router.
#75173 by oom101
Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:15 am
See previous entry, and...
You didn't port from the cable company - it was landline or cell, right?

Power down everything and bring each all the way up in order starting with cable modem.

Also, try going to setup.ooma.com using browser of pc attached to ooma, go to advanced and set up to 0and down to 0.

Also try connecting Ooma into a router port next to the pc, instead of running router through Ooma.
#75256 by Wease
Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:22 pm
lbmofo wrote:Shutdown modem (take battery out if any) and everything else.

Turn modem on, wait for it to come oneline. Then turn on ooma, wait til blue, then turn on the router.

OK, I did this plus used the Built In Modem Port MAC Address. So far, so good. Been up an hour or so now without any issues. I'll check back in the morning and hope all is well... :)
#75322 by Wease
Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:30 pm
Just wanted to chime in one more time, it's been 24 hours with no problems, so I'm assuming I fixed it! Thanks to everyone for the help! :D