1. ooma time incorrect by more than an hour now
2. checked our Netgear wifi router. time is correct there on router
3. computers, ipodtouch, kindle, ipad all connected via wifi (also set iphone to only wifi)- time all correct on devices
4. tried changing the time on a computer as suggested in a previous message
5. ooma time still incorrect
6. SOLUTION - REBOOT THE OOMA TELO BOX (meaning unplug Ooma Telo Box for about a minute, then replug)
7. time automatically reset to correct time on Telo Handset - didn't take out the battery there
8. but time still incorrect on Caller ID Display device connected to wired old-style desk phone in the living room
9. called in to our ooma telephone number - time reset to correct time on the wired Caller ID Display device
10. happy times yea!
so the interim solution (pending any upcoming bug fix) is to simply reboot the Ooma Telo box and then call into your phone number.
looking back on this, it's kind of a "duh"-why-didn't-i-think-of-this-in-the-first-place solution. lol
Ooma Calling Since April 2010
Ooma Telo, Ooma Handset HD 2, Ooma Safety Phone
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier
Currently, the time is 3:00pm, but my phones are displaying 2:20pm. This is definitely not a time zone issue.
Yes, resetting the Ooma Telo will usually fix the issue, but the problem is that the time is wrong on one or more of the Ooma servers. This should be easy for them to audit, but I don't think that their NOC is being told of the issue.
PLEASE Ooma, tell your NOC that some timestamps on the caller ID are wrong and that they should check their servers!