Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#75099 by mmbucwa
Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:11 am
I want to know how can I have a fax line feature with my Ooma telo.
If this option exists I will appreciate to add it.
Thank you.
Jacques Hussein
#75103 by lbmofo
Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:29 am
http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... 135/kw/fax

If you want a dedicated fax line, you'd need to have Premier (so you can have 2 numbers), assign one of the numbers to your Hub or Telo. To use the voice line, you'd need 1 or more Telo handsets or Scouts (if you have a Hub).
#75175 by oom101
Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:45 am
Are you wanting another fax line, or just hook up a fax to your existing Ooma?
#75556 by oomg
Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:52 am
mmbucwa wrote:I want to know how can I have a fax line feature with my Ooma telo.
If this option exists I will appreciate to add it.
Thank you.
Jacques Hussein

I prefer to subscribe to an eFax service; OneSuite in my case; as little as $1 per month for unlimited incoming faxes... and for that price, they provide a dedicated fax number. See, http://www.onesuite.com/products_onesuitefax.asp
Since I do send outgoing faxes occasionally, I opted for the $2.95/mo. service. Since October, 2009, my total cost has averaged less than $4 per month. There has been one other member of this forum who was not happy with OneSuite, but so far, he is the only dissatisfied customer to my knowledge.

I have repeated a similar message several times over the last year or so. See:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1184&hilit=oomg&start=20
and here,
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1184&p=49067&hilit=oomg#p49067
and twice here (got to watch those double posts)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10455&p=72670&hilit=babies#p72670

As I see it, Ooma would be wasting time, money and effort if they were to develope an efax system to complement their phone systems. I would rather they dedicate their time to perfecting their existing products, including the mobile app.
#75610 by oom101
Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:13 pm
Try www.maxemail.com since I get a dedicated Chicago number (you can pay more for a local number), and it receives faxes to email, but it also sends voice messages as a voice clip attached to an email, so you can play them as you check your emails, and back them up with your email backup software, etc. You can also call in and listen to voice messages even starting at a certain date. I leave myself messages, and receive faxes all the time. (Just responding to previous post, and telling why no inbound fax machine needs be). Of course, you can just print out the faxes that came attached to the email if you want hard copy. No toner - use inkjet printer to print them.
#75683 by mmbucwa
Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:30 pm
oom101 wrote:Are you wanting another fax line, or just hook up a fax to your existing Ooma?

Do you mean , I can have a fax line hooking up to my exixsting Ooma phone number.
I have a fax machine,and I want to receive automatically messges through it not to log in my computer then to check a fax like , I am checking an e-mail.
Thank you to every one who can help.
mmbucwa (Jacques Hussein )
#75716 by oom101
Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:49 am
From your answer, it sounds like you want to hook a fax machine to your Ooma.
I was making sure what you wanted since you said fax line.
So you want a fax on the one Ooma box.
There is a fax setting for the Ooma, and several people have had to set their fax down to a slower transmission setting to get it to work, but it seems that they were able to do it. Try searching posts about "ooma fax", etc.
You would plug the fax into the wall line that is plugged into your OOma phone line, or use a splitter to plug the phone and fax into the Ooma. The guy above was describing how to put the fax on a second phone number on the Ooma.
If you just want one number shared between the phone and fax, or just fax, I don't think you need Premier.