Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#74990 by EA PA
Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:05 am
I have OOMA configured with 2 numbers. In the Preferences, one of the 2 has to be selected as the default. Each of the numbers has different text for OB call identification.

Is there any way, other than a change in Preferences default, to change the OB call number?

Maybe from the handset?
#74998 by doug
Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:50 am
Before starting a call, dial **1 to show the 1st number or **2 to show the 2nd number
#74999 by EA PA
Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:52 am
AH! I was wondering what the **1/2 did - thanks Ill give it a try
#75001 by southsound
Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:09 pm
Actually, the correct codes are **0 for the first number and **1 for the second one.
#75004 by EA PA
Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:17 pm
Thanks once again
#75559 by oomg
Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:22 am
Not to be overly technical here, but... unless caller ID is blocked, wouldn't the number selected in Preferences be shown by default as the outgoing number? If so, would it be necessary to press **0 (except when the secondary number has been selected for the outgoing caller ID #)?
#75563 by EA PA
Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:53 am
Hmm - good point, Ill try tonight - I have the second number as the preference for OB calls, no block.
#75572 by oomg
Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:30 am
EA PA wrote:Hmm - good point, Ill try tonight - I have the second number as the preference for OB calls, no block.

O.K. Just completed a comprehensive test. My primary # listed as caller ID #: Direct dialing showed my primary number on the caller ID. Pressing **1 showed my secondary number on caller ID.

Then I switched my preferences so that my secondary number as the default caller ID #. Direct dialing showed my secondary [default] number on the caller ID. Pressing **0 showed my primary number on caller ID. Pressing **1 also showed my secondary number on caller ID.

I think that should cover it.
Last edited by oomg on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
#75575 by EA PA
Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:51 am
oomg wrote:
EA PA wrote:Hmm - good point, Ill try tonight - I have the second number as the preference for OB calls, no block.

O.K. Just completed a comprehensive test. My primary # listed as caller ID #: Direct dialing showed my primary number on the caller ID. Pressing **1 showed my secondary number on caller ID.

Great - makes sense

Then I switched my preferences so that my secondary number is the default caller ID #. Direct dialing showed my secondary number on the caller ID.

makes sense

Pressing **0 showed my primary secondary number on caller ID. Pressing **1 also showed my secondary number on caller ID.

So with secondary number as default in preferences, direct dialing shows the default, **0 shows default and **1 shows default as well? - or do I misread this

I think that should cover it.
#75576 by oomg
Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:01 am
EA PA wrote:So with secondary number as default in preferences, direct dialing shows the default, **0 shows default and **1 shows default as well? - or do I misread this

No... I miswrote it. I have edited to correct. Thanks.