Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#74935 by EA PA
Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:48 pm
Very soon, I intend to finally make the break with my beloved landline company. I am going to permanently cut over into my house wiring soon.

I will most likely have a wired phone base with wireless handset on my desk for use and I want to add a high quality headset to the configuration, wireless would be best.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good quality wired phone base with wireless phone / comfortable wireless headset or equiv :?:
#74996 by EA PA
Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:43 am
Guess not - OK how about this: anyone run the OOMA bluetooth adapter? If so any good?
#75006 by southsound
Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:27 pm
The reason others have not responded was your requirement to have an HD compatible headset. I don't think I've found one yet - but I do have a great recommendation: Plantronics CT-14

I have the earlier version of the headset and totally love it (except that the CT-12 is a 2.4ghz model that does not play nice with WiFi). The CT-14 is a DECT 6.0 headset with awesome comfort and sound quality and a very good range. The BlueTooth range is only 30 feet. Not good enough for my needs.

Amazon has them with free shipping for $89.12
#75007 by southsound
Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:30 pm
southsound wrote:The reason others have not responded was your requirement to have an HD compatible headset.

Maybe I imagined that. I see now that HD was not listed as a requirement. Sorry.
#75008 by EA PA
Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:39 pm
Southsound - Great thanks. I need to get my wife happy with the system before I can say adios to Frontier. Ill look into this.

and by the way - you are not imagining anything, after no comments were made, I revisited and noted that the HD was mistake on my part - so I edited it out .. ;)
#75009 by WayneDsr
Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:42 pm
EA PA wrote:Southsound - Great thanks. I need to get my wife happy with the system before I can say adios to Frontier. Ill look into this.

and by the way - you are not imagining anything, after no comments were made, I revisited and noted that the HD was mistake on my part - so I edited it out .. ;)

Glad you added that. I was sure I saw HD as well. You got us both thinking our age was getting to us... ;)

Wayne
#75011 by EA PA
Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:44 pm
Yea - I guess I was dreaming when I wrote HD....I had visions of donning an HD headset with noise cancellation etc. Then I woke up and discovered that its a phone...

maybe next year :D
#75049 by southsound
Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:59 pm
WayneDsr wrote:You got us both thinking our age was getting to us... ;)

Wayne

You're just a pup! I turn 65 in 29 short days! Not that I'm counting or anything. :P
#75054 by WayneDsr
Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:31 am
You're right Southsound, I'm 5 long years behind you, old man! ;)

Wayne
#75211 by highq
Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:15 pm
Can I enter this contest? I'll be 79 this coming Sunday.ZZ