Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#74768 by PWP
Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:36 pm
I just set up my Ooma. I have the main number & it shows as a shared device. The calls work as needed. But the second number, for the fax machine, rings to my forwarding number (my cell phone) and not the fax machine.

I cannot add a new device (called main line) and not have it be a shared device. I seem to be going in circles following the instructions.

I cannot find out how to stop this forwarding on this second number & make the fax ring when I call the fax number line. HELP!!!
#74789 by PWP
Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:58 pm
No it is not the same situation.

I can now get the second line to ring & answer fax, but the main line (number) also has the fax answering during a voice call.

Both are set to shared - only second number has "enable fax mode" Only one device is set up in personal devices. Any other config results in call forwarding even when it is not setup to forward anything anywhere.

I have a splitter on the telo phone jack - 1 to main lines in house, 1 to fax machine.

What is software & hardware setup to get each line to ring independently?

Thanks!
#74796 by PWP
Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:47 am
I am also having a problem with a line spltter & the fax line always answers a main line call. How do I stop this annoying behavior?

Thanks!
#74814 by ntoy
Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:36 pm
PWP wrote:I am also having a problem with a line spltter & the fax line always answers a main line call. How do I stop this annoying behavior?

Thanks!

Hello,

Do you have a telo handset? If so, do you want the fax machine to be on the main number & the voice calls to be on the 2nd number? Is your fax machine set on auto answer?
#74853 by lbmofo
Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:11 pm
I suggest 2 routes:

1) No personal devices. Assign a different ring pattern to the fax number so that your Fax can pick up (fax machines that recognize different ring patterns) and you'd know not to pick up since not voice call.

2) Assign your main Ooma device as a personal device and set your fax number to it. Any phones connected to the phone port will only ring when fax number is called. You'd have to have at least 1 partner device (Telo handset for Telo & Scout for Hub) to handle your voice calls.