Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#74230 by terryh
Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:09 am
My brother lives in Audubon MN 56511 a very rural lake community. His number is 218.439.XXXX and Loretel is his local home phone/DSL provider. I cannot reach his home from mine using Ooma most of the time. I can reach him 100% with cellular and 100% with Skype. We even video chat in HD. Weather may be an issue, but this morning I can get through with Skype or Cell, but not Ooma. Therefore, I must find the problem is Ooma or their provider and Loretel Network. It's either dead air or faux busy tones on several attempts this morning.

I'm in Whittier, CA. on FiOS at 25/25 and get rock solid performance generally. However, I must have the abilitly to reach my family through Ooma. Please advise. Thanks.

PS.. I did submit this to Ooma Support also. Thought I would send it here to see if others have similar issues.
#74272 by ntoy
Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:41 pm
terryh wrote:My brother lives in Audubon MN 56511 a very rural lake community. His number is 218.439.XXXX and Loretel is his local home phone/DSL provider. I cannot reach his home from mine using Ooma most of the time. I can reach him 100% with cellular and 100% with Skype. We even video chat in HD. Weather may be an issue, but this morning I can get through with Skype or Cell, but not Ooma. Therefore, I must find the problem is Ooma or their provider and Loretel Network. It's either dead air or faux busy tones on several attempts this morning.

I'm in Whittier, CA. on FiOS at 25/25 and get rock solid performance generally. However, I must have the abilitly to reach my family through Ooma. Please advise. Thanks.

PS.. I did submit this to Ooma Support also. Thought I would send it here to see if others have similar issues.

Hello,

Are you able to call other 218-439 numbers - like a local grocery market?
#74273 by terryh
Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:55 pm
Thanks! That worked. Not a great connection but usable. Hopefully this will get sorted out quickly. My wife calls her sister in another state 3x a day without issue. Is the problem only in certain areas or providers? Thanks again.

ntoy, I don't know any other numbers with that code or prefix to try.
#74274 by ntoy
Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:02 pm
terryh wrote:Thanks! That worked. Not a great connection but usable. Hopefully this will get sorted out quickly. My wife calls her sister in another state 3x a day without issue. Is the problem only in certain areas or providers? Thanks again.

ntoy, I don't know any other numbers with that code or prefix to try.

Hello,

Please send me a personal message of some examples of your failed calls. Please include: date, timestamp, outbound phone number, exact symptom heard on your end, & does it ring the other party at all?