Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#5148 by chiefjim
Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:48 am
I'm sure many others here have faced this dilemma, should I port or not? One factor is my billing cycle date arrives very soon. To port would guarantee one extra month with Verizon, possibly two. What is my time worth to update various personal and commercial interests with a new number?

So for those of you who have completed the porting process in the past year how long did it take?
#5149 by koehn
Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:59 am
chiefjim wrote:I'm sure many others here have faced this dilemma, should I port or not? One factor is my billing cycle date arrives very soon. To port would guarantee one extra month with Verizon, possibly two. What is my time worth to update various personal and commercial interests with a new number?

So for those of you who have completed the porting process in the past year how long did it take?

I put in my request on 2/10/09 and my port completed on 3/10/09 without incident. About two weeks ahead I got an email indicating that it would come soon, then about a week ahead I got an email indicating the day of the move. All in all, it went exactly as I expected.
#5161 by tommies
Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:41 pm
I started it on Mar 01, and I received an email on Mar 13 which said
The expected due date of the order is the week of 03/31/2009.
We will notify you via email once we have confirmation of the actual completion date

I'm still waiting.
#5172 by t4feb
Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:45 am
I faxed the LOA form 2 weeks ago and still have not received and conformation from ooma that they even received it. I sent an email to support and have not even heard back from them on the email. It was my understanding one should hear some thing within 5 days of them receiving the LOA. Any one else have this problem? Thanks in advance for any advice
#5174 by Falcon
Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:07 am
LOA emailed 02/01/09, completed 03/09/09. Received an email a few days before the port date. I recommend you be patient, and prepared to pay an extra month on your current phone bill. Your Telco may be willing to pro-rate it. Mine finally processed and I am happy to be done with monthly bills.
#5182 by frenchcamp49er
Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:32 am
I am on my ninth week of waiting for the port to happen. Can someone check this out for me. I have emailed twice and have gotten the same response, I think nine weeks is getting silly.
#5208 by Falcon
Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:57 pm
frenchcamp49er wrote:I am on my ninth week of waiting for the port to happen. Can someone check this out for me. I have emailed twice and have gotten the same response, I think nine weeks is getting silly.

Nine weeks does sound excessive. What response did you receive from Support? Its possible the hold up is on your current provider's side but 9 weeks does sound like something is wrong to me (at least I'd be equally concerned).

If you are fine with contacting your current Telco provider you could ask them it they have a port request pending and its status.
#5217 by frenchcamp49er
Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Falcon wrote:
frenchcamp49er wrote:I am on my ninth week of waiting for the port to happen. Can someone check this out for me. I have emailed twice and have gotten the same response, I think nine weeks is getting silly.

Nine weeks does sound excessive. What response did you receive from Support? Its possible the hold up is on your current provider's side but 9 weeks does sound like something is wrong to me (at least I'd be equally concerned).

If you are fine with contacting your current Telco provider you could ask them it they have a port request pending and its status.



Here are the responses;

On Jan 21, 2009, at 4:47 PM, wrote:

Hello,

This email is to acknowledge that we've received all the necessary information to submit your port request.

We will notify you via email once we've received an expected due date for your port completion.

Please remember not to cancel your phone service with your previous provider associated with this phone number until we send you confirmation that your porting process has been completed.

If you have any questions or concerns you can reach us Mon-Fri 8am to 6pm PST, Sat-Sun 8am to 5pm PST at 888-711-6662 (ooma).

On Feb 12, 2009, at 8:26 AM, s wrote:

Hello,
We do not have a port date from our carrier at this time. Once we receive an estimated completion date, you will get an email from us with that information.


On March 3, 2009

Hello,
We are in the process of porting your number, but do not have an expected completion date from our carrier at this time.
You will be notified via email when we have an estimated completion date..
#5672 by Carl
Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:50 am
koehn wrote:I put in my request on 2/10/09 and my port completed on 3/10/09 without incident. About two weeks ahead I got an email indicating that it would come soon, then about a week ahead I got an email indicating the day of the move. All in all, it went exactly as I expected.


My port just completed and my experience was almost identical.

2/28/09 I emailed my LOA and phone bill off and got confirmation they were received almost immediately.
3/10/09 Got an email saying the expected date would be around 3/30/09.
3/25/09 Got an email saying it would be complete 3/30/09.
3/30/09 Got an email saying the port was complete and I could cancel my phone service.
3/31/09 Called Qwest to cancel service. I'M FREE! :)

I was working in my office 3/30 during the afternoon and noticed my scout turn red for a while, then it turned back to blue, I figured that was the port completing. A little while later I unplugged my connection to Qwest and all my lights were still blue! I tested the line and it worked great, send and receive calls no problem. The voice quality is now better than ever, good job Ooma!
#5677 by frenchcamp49er
Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:47 pm
Carl wrote:
koehn wrote:I put in my request on 2/10/09 and my port completed on 3/10/09 without incident. About two weeks ahead I got an email indicating that it would come soon, then about a week ahead I got an email indicating the day of the move. All in all, it went exactly as I expected.


My port just completed and my experience was almost identical.

2/28/09 I emailed my LOA and phone bill off and got confirmation they were received almost immediately.
3/10/09 Got an email saying the expected date would be around 3/30/09.
3/25/09 Got an email saying it would be complete 3/30/09.
3/30/09 Got an email saying the port was complete and I could cancel my phone service.
3/31/09 Called Qwest to cancel service. I'M FREE! :)


I was working in my office 3/30 during the afternoon and noticed my scout turn red for a while, then it turned back to blue, I figured that was the port completing. A little while later I unplugged my connection to Qwest and all my lights were still blue! I tested the line and it worked great, send and receive calls no problem. The voice quality is now better than ever, good job Ooma!





I'm still waiting :(

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests