Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#73994 by hisownfool
Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:13 am
RLS wrote:A level two tech just told me that this is a system wide issue and the they are working on it. That it is not a user issue and that nothing can be done at our end to fix this. He said they "knew about it before today, but that before it was only occasionally" delaying the outbound call's inbound Hello etc.. Now it is happening much more often so they are paying attention to it and are activly working on it today and until it is fixed. Let us hope that they can fix it soon. I too have been putting up with all the various issue over the last few months, only because it works okay about 80% of the time. Now it has a problem with every outbound call. I am in the 503 area code, where are all of you calling from? The techs need to know what areas are working and what areas are effected. If you call techincal support they will want to know what numbers you are calling. They will ask for three numbers you recently called. I am using the Ooma number 1-866-522-6662 to test for the delay. When I call that number and experience the delay all I hear is "for the next available operator." When the phone doesn't experience delay, I hear "Hold for the next available operator." If you call this number you can tell how much of the call you are missing. This delay for my case is just enough so that when someone answers and says "hello" I don't hear them. Then I am left wondering if someone answered, so I say "hello, is someone there", and sometimes they are there and sometimes I have to repeat myself several times before they respond. What a hassle! Before I put up this post I check the Ooma main support heading that should post current problems with the system so that those of us on the forum are made aware that they are in the know about our issue. As this time they did not disclose the system wide issue this forum is talking about. :cry:

If you are asking me, I am calling from the 571 area code and the numbers affected are in the 703 area code. They told me the same thing as you but I have not heard from them since Thursday. My question is: how much longer do I give ooma before selling the Telo on Ebay and cutting my losses?

The other question is: what does this portend for ooma's future? This kind of unreliability will become known and hurt sales.
#73995 by stubeeef
Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:34 am
My mother is having this problem with hers, I am not having the problem with mine. Her's is a new one that was just ported over the other week while she was out of the country.
She has no delay calling my Ooma or cell phones. She tried to call my cousin in Scottland and got a recording that her call could not go through at time. Could have mis dialed she is 80, I tried it and got right through.
I have her unplugging the power now and waiting a while to rehook it up. Don't know if that has been helpful but she has not power cycled since the porting.
We are both in the same area code and about 15 miles apart.
I bought hers around Thanksgiving for a Christmas present. Curious....are the other users have this problem with a Telo that is about 100 days or so old?
Anyone having this problem with a Hub ?
#74000 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:28 pm
The I/They can’t her Them/Me problems seems to have erupted in full force again. When this happens, what seems to be the best solution is for everyone to contact Ooma Customer service and report your symptoms.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#74020 by danlisman
Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:38 pm
thunderbird wrote:The I/They can’t her Them/Me problems seems to have erupted in full force again. When this happens, what seems to be the best solution is for everyone to contact Ooma Customer service and report your symptoms.

Customer Support

I reported my symptoms, and they were not interested.

I have the outbound problem where the first 8 seconds are missing from both sides of the conversation. This amounts to the receiving caller saying: hello, Hello, hellO, HELLO, HELLO, GOODBY, GOOOOODBYYY and hangs up. All I hear is silence and then no connection. I can't even tell that they ever answered.
This afternoon, I called Ooma for help. They told me to get upgraded to a faster upload speed. I admit that the upload speed was low (0.11 Mb/s) when I ran the test WHILE we were using the Ooma line, but stand alone test was good (0.42 Mb/s) when not using the Ooma phone. They said that was not good enough and they could not help me.
Is there a benefit to upgrading ABOVE normal requirements?? I think I am spending enough already.

Dan
#74021 by Ajja41
Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:06 pm
OOma was great for about 4weeks. I have the same problems with outgoing calls. Customer service told me to Reboot my Telo. He also told that he will make some adjustment on his side(?). All evening I have not been able to make any calls.Hello OOma Please help.Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
#74024 by lbmofo
Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:57 pm
danlisman wrote:
thunderbird wrote:The I/They can’t her Them/Me problems seems to have erupted in full force again. When this happens, what seems to be the best solution is for everyone to contact Ooma Customer service and report your symptoms.

Customer Support

I reported my symptoms, and they were not interested.

I have the outbound problem where the first 8 seconds are missing from both sides of the conversation. This amounts to the receiving caller saying: hello, Hello, hellO, HELLO, HELLO, GOODBY, GOOOOODBYYY and hangs up. All I hear is silence and then no connection. I can't even tell that they ever answered.
This afternoon, I called Ooma for help. They told me to get upgraded to a faster upload speed. I admit that the upload speed was low (0.11 Mb/s) when I ran the test WHILE we were using the Ooma line, but stand alone test was good (0.42 Mb/s) when not using the Ooma phone. They said that was not good enough and they could not help me.
Is there a benefit to upgrading ABOVE normal requirements?? I think I am spending enough already.

Dan

Dan, any kind of internet service classified as "lite" where the ISP limits the speed is not recommended. While this kind of service may work well with the ISP's own VoIP service because their VoIP is 100% controlled as far as packet priority, other VoIP service may suffer because of their cap on speed.
#74026 by danlisman
Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:31 pm
lbmofo wrote:Dan, any kind of internet service classified as "lite" where the ISP limits the speed is not recommended. While this kind of service may work well with the ISP's own VoIP service because their VoIP is 100% controlled as far as packet priority, other VoIP service may suffer because of their cap on speed.

Incoming calls work fine. Outgoing calls work fine after initial 8 seconds of silence. I do not understand why both in and out were good until after porting my home number to Ooma.
My internet is limited to max of download: 3008 kbps and upload: 512 kbps. Reality is closer to 2500 kps down and 400 kps up. I could get max 10,000 kbps down with 756 kbps up, but that would cost more than having real landline. Even 10,000 kps would have a top limit and no guarntee of working any better.
I feel like I have been played for a sucker.
#74045 by RLS
Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:39 am
Whereas a better internet speed may increase your Ooma perfromance, it is no guarantee that you will be satisifed. My internet speed is 6Mbs up and 61Mbs down and I still have this outgoing connection issue. Although it may not be as bad as yours is. I can't tell you just how much of my outgoing calls are being truncated other than what I have reported earlier. I checked the status of my connection this morning just before I made this post and I am still having the same issue as I reported earlier. It doesn't seem to matter where I am calling to, even a call just across town (Portland Oregon) will have this problem. :cry:
#74048 by Oomaboy
Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:16 am
This is not a bandwidth issue. Mine is about 6-7 down and "1 mbps upload". When i test it's still 800kbps+.

This is an OOMA networking problem, not household bandwidth problem.

I strongly recommend OOMA keep us abreast of this better.