Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#73521 by DawnW
Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:41 am
I am looking at getting the ipod touch and getting the Ooma App.

The App is a one time $9.99 fee, correct? Or is it monthly?

Then on top of that, if I don't have Ooma premier it is an additional $4.99/month plus 1.9 cents per minute?????

If I have Ooma premier it is 250 free min. and then 1.9 cents per min. up to 1000 min?

Thank you,

Dawn
#73525 by lbmofo
Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:50 am
The app cost is one time charge.

The $4.99 package is optional.

Per min cost is about 2 cents per minute without the package.

Premier users get 250 minutes free every month. For now, these 250 can be used as international minutes as well if you signed up to international package containing bucket of minutes.

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... a%20mobile
#73558 by Zindar
Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:59 pm
This is interesting, as I have an ipod Touch, and I also have ooma (but not premier). (I got the ipod touch mainly because it provides mobile internet with no monthly fee, as opposed to the iPhone with has a monthly fee.... I love not having monthly fees.)

In my case, I only pay $5 / month for my cell phone (Virgin Mobile), and I'm able to easily live within the 28 minutes / month that $5 gets me, so I think that while I have the hardware necessary to get this app, I don't really have any reason to install it.
Last edited by Zindar on Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#73561 by lbmofo
Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:10 pm
The main reason for me is to make my Ooma prepaid account portable; anywhere I have 3G or Wifi, I can make international calls using funds in my Ooma prepaid. Convenience. International plan subscribers love the fact that they can use their minutes anywhere there is 3G/Wifi.

For others, it may mean $ savings because they can cutdown cell minutes.