Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#73418 by TysAri08
Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:09 am
Our number was on Verizon Wireless' VoIP Service known as the Verizon Hub. Because this is a service of Verizon Wireless, our home number and our 2 cell phones are all on the same account. We only want to cancel the VoIP service and keep the other 2 lines with VZW.
Will getting that number porter close the entire account? If so, how can I avoid that from happening? Would I just need to call Verizon Wireless myself an let them know what's going on? Or can I just trust Ooma to get it ll taken care of for me quickly and with no complications?
#73449 by lbmofo
Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:52 am
The losing account will not get cancelled if there are other lines on it. Hence, if your Verizon account has more numbers in it than what you are porting out, your Verzion account will stay active.
#73512 by TysAri08
Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:16 pm
Thank you so much! I thought that would probably be the case, but for whatever reason I started to wonder; just wanted to make sure. :)
#74476 by TysAri08
Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:46 am
This is probably a dumb question, but should I be concerned if the estimated date of completion has come and gone & I still haven't heard anything from them about a confirmed completion date?
#74490 by TysAri08
Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:30 am
So, I was mistaken. My estimated port date is Monday. Nonetheless, I still haven't heard from them with a confirmed date.