Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#73245 by lbmofo
Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:13 pm
lbmofo wrote:AT&T landline & VoIP, because they have over 1 Millon subs, they need to adhere to 1 day porting mandated by FCC effective 8/2/10. The 4 days mentioned is timeframe allowed prior to the new mandate (although often it took much longer; weeks and not days). Small carriers that have less subs have 6 months grace to comply. This 1 day porting is only if the winning carrier requests the port be done within 1 day.

I am thinking that it takes 3 to 4 weeks with Ooma because (for whatever reason) Ooma is requesting the port ins with requested completion dates that are 3 to 4 weeks out. If Ooma requested 1 day (Ooma is probably not able to do this), then it would be done in 1 day.

Well, for the big boys, 1 day porting took effect 8/2/10. For the rest, it is 1/31/11. Come Feb, is Ooma (Ooma's carriers) going to continue requesting port in due date that's 3 to 4 weeks out or the next business day (if request made the daily cut-off time)? Will Ooma (Ooma's carriers) be able to accommodate a 1 day port out?

http://www.neustar.biz/insights-resourc ... e-deadline

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/numbport.html
#73246 by thunderbird
Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:24 pm
One day porting, I’m still struggling with the word “rectitudinous”. “Rectitudinous” is a really, really big word that I’m not sure I can comprehend. I know I can’t pronounce or spell “rectitudinous”. :D :D :D :D
#73248 by lbmofo
Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:13 pm
thunderbird wrote:One day porting, I’m still struggling with the word “rectitudinous”. “Rectitudinous” is a really, really big word that I’m not sure I can comprehend. I know I can’t pronounce or spell “rectitudinous”. :D :D :D :D

LOL thunderbird. :D

I just try to remember the word "rectitude." For me, it is easy because "wreck da attitude." A while back, I used to mess up quite a bit by mixing up "rectitude" and "fortitude..." example, "testicular fortitude." :cool:

As far as pronouncing..... ;)
(5.2 KiB) Downloaded 209 times

Here is the Chinese translation:
(4.73 KiB) Downloaded 200 times