Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#72981 by evans229
Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:59 am
I have bought 3 telo handsets for my house. I have used the contact list software provided. I have many contacts. I am finding it takes me longer to scroll down to my contact , high light it, and press dial than it does to tap out the numbers. I was looking for a quick-dial function like I have had on all my previous handset phones for the numbers I use regularly, and can not find any reference to it i the documentation. I can not find it in the Q& A help section...Maybe it is called something else, but I do not know. I can not believe this function is missing. Can anyone help me please?
#72984 by murphy
Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:15 am
Select the Contact list (right arrow).
Start pressing the keys that spell the name you are looking for.
It shouldn't take many key presses to zero in on the name that you want.
#73257 by Layna
Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:22 pm
Looking for a cordless with speed-dial to hit one digit and get the number programed to that digit like the desk-set I have, which is not happening with the Ooma device. Seems as if the Ooma Telo is a slow process for speed-dial. The sound is good on my Thompson but none of the features work. Looking for a phone with the added features and good sound. Anyone know of such a phone that is compatible with Ooma? Thanks.
#73278 by EricJRW
Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:23 am
murphy wrote:Select the Contact list (right arrow).
Start pressing the keys that spell the name you are looking for.
It shouldn't take many key presses to zero in on the name that you want.

My Panasonic cordless has that feature and I like it.
#73300 by Bobby B
Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:50 am
For speed dial - select the number your contact list (press right arrow key), and press the "Menu" button and choose "Add speed dial..."

Afterwards, you can press and hold that number to speed dial, or goto "Menu->Speed Dial"
#73303 by EricJRW
Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:45 am
Bobby B wrote:For speed dial - select the number your contact list (press right arrow key), and press the "Menu" button and choose "Add speed dial..."

Afterwards, you can press and hold that number to speed dial, or goto "Menu->Speed Dial"

Cool!