Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#72785 by heilpern
Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:18 am
I'm an ooma premier subscriber, and I'm considering purchasing the Android mobile app but I'm not sure yet.

* My understanding is that currently the mobile app can place calls but cannot receive them; is call reception planned to be added?

* I have a Galaxy Tab device, which (though it contains all the necessary hardware) does not include software to place calls -- the carriers only want users to use data on tablets. Will the ooma app work on this device, or does it use its own dialer? If the app won't work with a stock US-based Tab (the Euro Tab's include the full software compliment), are there APKs I can get (somewhere? -- perhaps extracted from the Euro firmware) that will make the ooma app work?

* What number will show up on the receiver's Caller ID when I place a call through the mobile app -- the same number that shows up when I dial from my ooma device at home, or a new number?
#72855 by hpepper
Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:23 am
heilpern wrote:I'm an ooma premier subscriber, and I'm considering purchasing the Android mobile app but I'm not sure yet.

* My understanding is that currently the mobile app can place calls but cannot receive them; is call reception planned to be added?

* I have a Galaxy Tab device, which (though it contains all the necessary hardware) does not include software to place calls -- the carriers only want users to use data on tablets. Will the ooma app work on this device, or does it use its own dialer? If the app won't work with a stock US-based Tab (the Euro Tab's include the full software compliment), are there APKs I can get (somewhere? -- perhaps extracted from the Euro firmware) that will make the ooma app work?

* What number will show up on the receiver's Caller ID when I place a call through the mobile app -- the same number that shows up when I dial from my ooma device at home, or a new number?

1) Can I receive phone calls on Ooma Mobile?
This is not currently supported, but it is on our radar for future development.

2) Not sure

3) What caller-ID shows up when I make phone calls using Ooma Mobile?
The other party will see the main phone number of your Ooma account. It is not possible to connect using any alternate phone numbers you may have subscribed to.
#72899 by Antonio711
Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:34 pm
I am playing with the new ooma app on my Eris android. I have experience sudden crashes that make me kinda annoy if I am doing a phone call. I need to re-start the app and then do it again. If it goes without crashing it works fine. I also notice that when you dial out there is no ringtone whatsoever. It is silent and I was kinda doubting if my phone call was going out. I will suggest that Ooma developers make things more easy and simple to use. I hope they fix that. Overall I give the app a 7 on a scale 1 to 10.