Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#72107 by dackley
Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:05 pm
2-3 days of inoperation.
Multiple re-boot attempts (by temporary power-down of BOTH Telo and router).
My router is actually a gateway so TELO is connected to router, NOT between modem & router.
At power-on only the 1 and 2 light up blue.
The scanning lights across bottom never occurs, hence logo never lights up at all, and phone line is dead.

Yes, internet connection is fully operational; I'm using it now.
#72108 by murphy
Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:46 am
Did you get a new phone number (standalone) or integrate your landline with the Telo?
If you integrated your landline with the Telo, do you have your landline connected to the Wall port of the Telo?
If you did not integrate your landline, the Wall port of the Telo is unused and should be empty.
#72125 by ntoy
Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:39 am
dackley wrote:2-3 days of inoperation.
Multiple re-boot attempts (by temporary power-down of BOTH Telo and router).
My router is actually a gateway so TELO is connected to router, NOT between modem & router.
At power-on only the 1 and 2 light up blue.
The scanning lights across bottom never occurs, hence logo never lights up at all, and phone line is dead.

Yes, internet connection is fully operational; I'm using it now.

Hello,

The last log on your telo(nonlandline) was on 1/1/2011. What lights do you see on the box? Are the led's lit on the "To Internet" port on the telo? If you plug your computer to the Home port on the back of your telo, are you able to surf the web? You may need to contact our support line for assistance.
#72187 by dackley
Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:44 pm
murphy wrote:Did you get a new phone number (standalone) or integrate your landline with the Telo?
If you integrated your landline with the Telo, do you have your landline connected to the Wall port of the Telo?
If you did not integrate your landline, the Wall port of the Telo is unused and should be empty.

Not applicable...new phone number...been working/activated for months, until now.

ntoy wrote:Hello,

The last log on your telo(nonlandline) was on 1/1/2011. What lights do you see on the box? Are the led's lit on the "To Internet" port on the telo? If you plug your computer to the Home port on the back of your telo, are you able to surf the web? You may need to contact our support line for assistance.

Only the 1 & 2 are lit on the face/top; and this is not due to brightness control.
The internet port has one green & one orange led which both seem to be working as normal (eg random flashes).
I can connect computer to the telo and indeed surf web (via wireless), but not sure what you're getting at.
I indeed tried connecting to computer and re-booted telo, but same results.
I did this in two configurations: a single cable home-to-computer, and also w/ two cables including internet-to-router.
#72198 by thunderbird
Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:15 am
dackley:

Using Connection Modem-Router-Ooma Telo:

Connect a network cable from the Ooma Telo’s “Home” port, to a computer’s wired network port. Temporaily disable WiFI in the computer. Now see if you can access the Internet. Try a site like Google.

1. After this is accomplished, and if the Ooma Telo hasn’t come alive:
a. Make sure that a computer that is plugged into the router, can access the Internet. (If not the problem is probably with the modem or router.)
b. Temporarily access your Ooma Telo “home port” by plugging in a patch (network) cable from the Ooma Telo home port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the patch cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
c. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
d. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Network”.
e. Under “Network Settings” go to network connection: select the down arrow with your mouse and select “Automatic” (if not already configured to Automatic).
f. Enter the following:
i. Under “Modem Port MAC Address”, select Use Built in:
ii. Select the Update button.
g. Do a “cold boot” of the router.
h. After the router cold boot, do a “cold boot” of the Ooma Telo.
Try it and good luck.
#72245 by dackley
Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:39 pm
Cannot surf web via wired connection thru the telo.

To be sure, here is what I have done:
- One cable from computer ethernet port to telo 'Home Network' port
- One cable from router to telo 'To Internet' port
- Disabled computer wi-fi

Will not let me surf the web, or log onto the telo setup.ooma.com
Now what?
#72250 by ntoy
Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:56 pm
dackley wrote:Cannot surf web via wired connection thru the telo.

To be sure, here is what I have done:
- One cable from computer ethernet port to telo 'Home Network' port
- One cable from router to telo 'To Internet' port
- Disabled computer wi-fi

Will not let me surf the web, or log onto the telo setup.ooma.com
Now what?

With the telo powered, how about 172.27.35.1 instead of setup.ooma.com. Please contact our support line for possible replacement.