Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#72065 by re_vogel
Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:53 am
Does anyone know how to do a factory reset of the OOMA Telo?
#72067 by murphy
Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 am
re_vogel wrote:Does anyone know how to do a factory reset of the OOMA Telo?

How to factory reset a Telo
========================

Since Telo firmware version 32829, the light sequence on factory reset is slightly different:

1. Power off the Telo unit, wait around 15 seconds, then power it back on,

2. When the logo starts flashing RED, press and hold 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys at the same time,

3. The logo should then flash alternatively BLUE and RED,

4. Release the 'Stop' and 'Trash' keys when the logo turns solid BLUE (not RED as it used to be), then it takes around 30 more seconds before it goes to step 5 (the play button light goes amber, the logo light goes off, ...) - be patient - DO NOT unplug the power otherwise the factory reset is not effective !!

5. The unit is factory reset and restarts by itself -- this is shown by the fact that line 1 and line 2 buttons turn blue, then next row (trash and envelope buttons) turns blue, then runway lighting on bottom row .....
#72068 by re_vogel
Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:48 am
My logo doesn't flash blue the red when I press and hold the trash/stop bottons. Thoughts?
#72069 by ntoy
Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:30 am
re_vogel wrote:My logo doesn't flash blue the red when I press and hold the trash/stop bottons. Thoughts?

Hello,

Unfortunately, the option to do a manual factory reset on the box is a bug in our system. The factory reset has changed & we are developing a way for customers to enter a key sequence from their phone. In general, there really isn't a need for a factory reset unless we have determined a need. Are you still having issues?
#72070 by re_vogel
Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:33 am
Not really an issue but sometimes there is a long delay during calls and I have played with several of the setting to try to fix it and this has created other issues. For instance I can no longer log into the Ooma unless I use the wired port. When I try to go through the router behind the Ooma it won't work anymore so I was thinking maybe starting from scratch would be best. Thoughts?
#72089 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:02 pm
Try This:

1. Setting Ooma Telo Port Forwarding, with Ooma Telo located behind (LAN Side) of your router. Add Port forwarding so that you don’t have to connect a computer to the Ooma Telo Home Port for viewing or modifying Ooma Telo settings.
a. Access your Ooma Telo home port by plugging in a patch cable from the Ooma Telo home port to a computer’s network card port. Sometimes you have to restart your computer after installing the patch cable, so that a proper connection occurs.
b. Type http://setup.ooma.com in you browser address window and hit enter. The “Ooma Setup” window opens.
c. In the left hand Navigation window, select “Advanced”.
d. At the top of the page record the Home Port IP Address: number (Probably 172.27.35.1).
e. At the bottom of the page under Port Forwarding, select “Add New Rule”. Enter the following:
i. Start Port: block enter 80.
ii. End port: block No entry.
iii. Type: Select TCP
iv. Forward to IP address: Enter the Home Port IP address that you recorded above (Probably 172.27.35.1).
v. Select “Add Rule” with your mouse.
f. From a computer connected to your router, in the browser address window, enter the Ooma Telo Static IP address, or IP address that your router assigned to the Ooma Telo. Looks Like http://192.168.1.199.
g. Ooma setup window should open, without the computer being connected to the Ooma Telo Home Port.

Try it and good luck.