Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#71638 by steveninspokane
Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:01 pm
I have only confirmed with one person so I don't know how many other people this is doing this to.

When they try to call me ooma phone it just rings for them but it does not ring for me, it does not ever send them to voice mail and I have no idea why this is happening. I have looked at my blacklists and everything, there number is not a blocked number either so there should be no reason this is happening.

So in a nutshell, they call it rings forever on their end and on my end there is no sign that the phone is even ringing.

Can anyone offer up a helpful solution?

Thank you in advance.
#71639 by ntoy
Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:09 pm
Hello,

Do these calls show up in your call logs in My Ooma?

What happens if they call your 2nd number? You also have voicemail pickup set to 49 seconds.
#71642 by steveninspokane
Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:21 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

Do these calls show up in your call logs in My Ooma?

What happens if they call your 2nd number? You also have voicemail pickup set to 49 seconds.

Their number does not show up in the log nor on my phone.

I have not tried to have them call the second number, though I recall thjat while my phone was being ported that another caller was having the same problem and what I did was forward the main number to the second number and they were able to get their calls through, but tha problem for them was solved after the porting completed.

Yes, I do have voicemail pickup set to 49 seconds
#71745 by murphy
Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:49 pm
49 seconds is more than 8 rings.
I would not expect many people to wait through that many rings for voice mail to pick up.
#71748 by WayneDsr
Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:42 pm
Do you have Call Forwarding set to CALL FORWARD ALL and have it forwarding to a cell phone?
#71778 by luvsaving$
Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:21 am
I was just about to post a separate topic on this (and still will) but I think I see something going on. I just installed my system a couple days ago and I hooked up two landline phones via a splitter - one is going thru the OOMA and the other is still connected to the telephone company. I was just looking at my phone logs thru my ooma dashboard and noticed I have a TON of "UNKNOWN" calls. At that moment a call came in that the telco phone caller id correctly identified as a local business but in my phone log the call showed up as "UNKNOWN". based on the premier system feature for handling anonymous calls it wouldn't show up in your log if you are using a ported number (or ooma provided number). In my case it IS showing up because I haven't ported my number yet and the call blocking features are not enabled with a landline number. I'm guessing there is an issue that needs investigating that is mis-identifying your call. This is not consistent since I do see some calls correctly listed.

-Steve
#71785 by southsound
Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:54 am
luvsaving$ wrote:I was just about to post a separate topic on this (and still will) but I think I see something going on. I just installed my system a couple days ago and I hooked up two landline phones via a splitter - one is going thru the OOMA and the other is still connected to the telephone company. I was just looking at my phone logs thru my ooma dashboard and noticed I have a TON of "UNKNOWN" calls. At that moment a call came in that the telco phone caller id correctly identified as a local business but in my phone log the call showed up as "UNKNOWN". based on the premier system feature for handling anonymous calls it wouldn't show up in your log if you are using a ported number (or ooma provided number). In my case it IS showing up because I haven't ported my number yet and the call blocking features are not enabled with a landline number. I'm guessing there is an issue that needs investigating that is mis-identifying your call. This is not consistent since I do see some calls correctly listed.

-Steve

Welcome to the wonderful world of landline integration. You will probably continue to have some flakeyness as long as your system is in this configuration. The good news is that it will go to normal once your port is complete. If you have call forwarding on your existing landline, why not call ooma support and have them issue you a temporary number - then you can disconnect the landline and forward that number to the new temporary one from ooma? That way you get a real test of ooma and can avoid the landline integration problems. In case you are wondering how I feel about landline integration, check my signature below. :P
#72336 by steveninspokane
Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:28 pm
My problem isn't that people are hanging up before voicemail, nor is it that the call log is displaying incorrect information.

My problem is that I have one verified caller that tells me that they have called my phone, and on my end the phone does not ring, and the call log doesn't even display that a call ever came in.

I have everything turned off, ie call blocking and blacklisting, I have checked to make sure that this number is not blocked alone. I don't know how many other people this is happening to, and it is a considerable problem.

I have to admit, I got my hopes up when an Ooma Mod replied right away to my post with a few questions giving me the impression they were here to help, I suppose I was sorely mistaken because they have failed to come back to check on whether my problem was resolved or not.
#72342 by ntoy
Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:48 pm
steveninspokane wrote:My problem isn't that people are hanging up before voicemail, nor is it that the call log is displaying incorrect information.

My problem is that I have one verified caller that tells me that they have called my phone, and on my end the phone does not ring, and the call log doesn't even display that a call ever came in.

I have everything turned off, ie call blocking and blacklisting, I have checked to make sure that this number is not blocked alone. I don't know how many other people this is happening to, and it is a considerable problem.

I have to admit, I got my hopes up when an Ooma Mod replied right away to my post with a few questions giving me the impression they were here to help, I suppose I was sorely mistaken because they have failed to come back to check on whether my problem was resolved or not.

Hello,

Please send me a personal message. On the verified caller, does this happen consistently? What provider are they using? What did the remote party hear?

Thx