Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#95261 by cjohnston
Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:25 pm
Have you tried pairing the Xlink device with the Ooma bluetooth adapter? I'm just wondering if that would work instead of connecting to the wired phone port. My house is wired for 2 phone lines, so I have 1 line coming from the Ooma phone port to my wall jack for line 1, and if I had an Xlink device that could pair with the Ooma device, I might be able to run another phone line from the Xlink to the wall jack for line 2. If you have tried this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Charles
#115006 by dwmurray57
Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:20 am
I just received my Ooma Telo and tried to use the Bluetooth.
I have a standalone Ooma Telo and Galaxy S3 cellular. When I tried to setup Bluetooth for my cellphone I was able to:

a) Discover the Ooma Telo
b) Pair and input 0000

But the Galaxy S3 never connects. In my phone settings, I see that they are paired but that;s pretty much it. Also noticed that the checkbox to use Telno for phone connection is not checked. If I try to check it, it gets unchecked on it's own immediately.

Any ideas / suggestions as to why this is and how to resolve it?

Thank you for you time all.
#115007 by cambridge1
Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:56 am
I just purchased a new set of cordless phones (5 phones, 1 headset) to replace my 6 year old set. Just about the same cost as replacing 4 dead or dying batteries. It has Bluetooth capability to connect up to 2 cell phones to the base. It accomplishes the same results as the Xlink device, both the cell phone(s) and Ooma are the connected to the cordless phones. Just an FYI for those who are considering upgrading from older or outdated cordless sets.
#115011 by lbmofo
Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:06 am
dwmurray57, are you pairing this way?

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/bluetooth-setup-guide

Pairing a Mobile Phone

Put the Telo into pairing mode Dial *#*#501 from a phone connected to your Ooma Telo system. You'll hear three beeps on your phone. This puts the Ooma Telo in bluetooth discovery mode.

Add the Telo as a bluetooth device To pair your phone to the Ooma Telo, access the bluetooth manager on your mobile phone to add a "Headset" or "Hands free" type of device. After your mobile phone discovers the Telo, enter the PIN number "0000" to complete the pairing process.
#115732 by swak
Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:22 pm
dwmurray57 wrote:I just received my Ooma Telo and tried to use the Bluetooth.
I have a standalone Ooma Telo and Galaxy S3 cellular. When I tried to setup Bluetooth for my cellphone I was able to:

a) Discover the Ooma Telo
b) Pair and input 0000

But the Galaxy S3 never connects. In my phone settings, I see that they are paired but that;s pretty much it. Also noticed that the checkbox to use Telno for phone connection is not checked. If I try to check it, it gets unchecked on it's own immediately.

Any ideas / suggestions as to why this is and how to resolve it?

Thank you for you time all.

I just had the same experience with my S3, did you find a solution?
#115745 by Mensra
Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:33 am
Works/pairs with my iPhone5. The problem I have is if I have multiring turned on and it's forwarded to my cell phone every time I get an incoming phone call that rings both it drops both calls/lines. If I get a call to the cellphone itself only, no problem. OOMA call that rings both simultaneously, If I don't pick it up before the cell phone starts ringing – bang no call. There is a short delay before the cell phone starts ringing on multiring, if I managed to grab a call before the cell rings it's okay. This phenomena only occurs on HD2 handset, if I use a hardwired landline phone into the Telo it also works. I have complained to OOMA about this, and they keep telling me they're looking into it. This is been going on for over one year.
Last edited by Mensra on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#115758 by swak
Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:21 pm
swak wrote:LOOKS LIKE NONE OF THE NEWER SMART PHONES AFE SUPPORTED!

PLEASE FIX...

Well I had some success today and after rebooting the telo and my Galaxy S3 it paired successfully, now the check box to use phone audio is checked. I was not asked to enter the pairing code previously which I think must have completed the process. Also, after receiving a few calls today on my s3, I found that my home phones rang but there was no audio. After searching for a fix, I found that I needed to access the Bluetooth setup page and enable audio transfer. Hoping this will work not tested yet. My Ooma was behind my router so I connected it directly to the modem to allow me to access the web interface. Ooma needs better instructions!
#122982 by Mensra
Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:40 pm
Works/pairs with my iPhone5. The problem I have is if I have multiring turned on and it's forwarded to my cell phone every time I get an incoming phone call that rings both it drops both calls/lines. If I get a call to the cellphone itself only, no problem. OOMA call that rings both simultaneously, If I don't pick it up before the cell phone starts ringing – bang no call. There is a short delay before the cell phone starts ringing on multiring, if I managed to grab a call before the cell rings it's okay. This phenomena only occurs on HD2 handset, if I use a hardwired landline phone into the Telo it also works. I have complained to OOMA about this, and they keep telling me they're looking into it. This is been going on for over one year.