Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#71413 by litemagic
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:28 pm
I am new to Ooma and its features. I recently purchase a Ooma Telo Unit and currently I have 2 telephone numbers with Ooma. I have one main telephone number that I got registered with Ooma Telo and the other telephone number comes from the free trail ooma premier free 60 days.

I know that I can buy the Ooma Telo Headset phone but I would have to buy 2 sets which is somewhat expensive. I was wondering is there any way to connect two ordinary cordless phones perhaps panasonic DECT 6.0 for the two different lines. However I notice on the Ooma Telo Unit there is only one telephone phone jack. How would I install a second telephone line if there is only one phone jack in the Ooma Telo Unit ? Do I need to buy a telephone splitter with two telephone jacks ? Any suggestions ? Sorry if my question seems stupid.
#71415 by southsound
Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:36 pm
The only stupid questions are the ones we don't ask.

If you want two simultaneous conversations with the Telo, one must be made via the Telo proprietary handset. Although you can plug a multiple handset base into the Telo, each phone will still use the same line as the PHONE jack only provides one line. If you are considering Premier it would be a shame not to include a handset as well - that way you can take or make two simultaneous calls even with just one number. Although there are some minor complaints about the Telo handset (poor screen, sharp edges, sometimes doesn't do well with staying in the charger) it remains a good value and will prove to be invaluable in your system.