Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#71044 by bluewind55
Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:44 pm
I've just activated my ooma Hub last night and have been unable to send nor receive faxes. I had it hook up behind the router and I was able to listen to the first voice mail from ooma. I've since setup the ooma to connect directly to the cable modem instead of connecting off the router. I am still unable to send faxes. I've try *99 with a pause before the fax number and I've tried without the *99. The same thing happens each time. I hear it dial and start the handshake but it gets cutoff after after only 1-2 secs. I only heard about 3 beeps/tones of the handshake before it get abruptly cutoff. So, the handshake is never completed and the transmission of the fax never sent.

I have emailed support and they said that they have enabled Faxing for my Ooma Hub since only the Ooma Telo has the Fax Mode in Preferences. I've powered down and restarted my Ooma Hub as requested. But It still fails to end or receive faxes.

I'm using a Canon MF4350d MultiFunction Printer, Fax, Copier. I've tried faxing with the initial send and receive speed of 33600 bps as well as dropping both down as far as 9600 bps. But I've not been able to send a fax successfully so far. As for ECM, there is no setting on the printer nor in the printer manual that mentions how to enable/disable it.

I've seen a couple of posts that said they had successful with faxing with this printer and Ooma.

If anyone have any advice or suggestions, please post.

Thank you.
#71045 by lbmofo
Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:48 pm
Your fax machine is directly hooked up to the phone port of the Hub right? Not Scout?
Only thing I can think of is to try filtering the line connected to the fax with a DSL filter.
#73603 by ParkerCo
Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:21 am
I have a HP 6500 and cannot fax. Is there really some ooma setup that needs to be done? I have a phone splitter connected to my ooma hub. And like other posts, my fax starts the hand shake but the handshake is not completed and the fax is not sent (it errors off.) Help!
#73604 by lbmofo
Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:25 am
ParkerCo wrote:I have a HP 6500 and cannot fax. Is there really some ooma setup that needs to be done? I have a phone splitter connected to my ooma hub. And like other posts, my fax starts the hand shake but the handshake is not completed and the fax is not sent (it errors off.) Help!

Are you dialing *99 prefix when faxing?
With Hub, receiving fax mode is automatic so nothing needs to be done in my.ooma.com.
If *99 prefix didn't work, check out the below link (turn off ECM, reduce baud rate etc).

http://ooma.custhelp.com/app/answers/de ... /kw/faxing