Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#70889 by Walt
Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:50 pm
I have used the *99 plus the 10 digit number to contact FAX machines. It seemed to work fine. UNTIL TODAY. Now I don't use my home FAX machine that often, so it's been months since I used it last. Today, when I used the *99 + 10, before the full number was dialed, I got a busy signal. After trying for a while, I dialed with the 10 digit number and left off the *99. It worked fine. It's fine with me if that is the way the FAX messages will work now, but I would like to know if this is the way to go now and has anything changed. The directions on this website still say to use the *99. Anyone else out there using a FAX machine?
Walt
#70893 by murphy
Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:28 pm
If you are storing that number in the fax machine prior to dialing it, you need a pause after the *99 to allow the dial tone to return. You could also try dialing 11 digits. 1 + area code + number.
#71036 by Walt
Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:50 pm
Leaving off the *99 and just dialing 10 digits does work (I don't need to dial a 1 first). I was just wondering why using the *99 and pause before the number, does not work for me.