Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#72034 by SamNTamara
Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:10 pm
Returned first handset that was dead after 12 hours. Amazon shipped a new handset which lasted a staggering 3 days before the exact same issue. I would say there is definitely either a serious design flaw or a bad batch of phones. Second phone going back and Amazon is refunding my money.
#72138 by Zenn
Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:28 pm
The exact thing happened to me as well. My other two Telo Handsets have always been rock solid, but I bought them in early 2010. This one was purchased recently from Amazon... Sounds like a bad batch.
#72139 by ntoy
Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:46 pm
Zenn wrote:The exact thing happened to me as well. My other two Telo Handsets have always been rock solid, but I bought them in early 2010. This one was purchased recently from Amazon... Sounds like a bad batch.

Hello,

Can you tell if it is just the battery? If still within warranty with Amazon, can contact them or our support line for a replacement.
#78355 by Morpheus
Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:31 pm
This has been an issue for MONTHS and Ooma knows about the problem. They most likely have a few thousand of these handsets and need to dump them. The battery overheats and and the handset quits charging. This has happened to several handsets in the past year. I just reorder from Costco or Best Buy and return as defective.
#78363 by oldanbo
Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:21 pm
Morpheus wrote:This has been an issue for MONTHS and Ooma knows about the problem. They most likely have a few thousand of these handsets and need to dump them. The battery overheats and and the handset quits charging. This has happened to several handsets in the past year. I just reorder from Costco or Best Buy and return as defective.

I have a spare battery. When it happens I do a batt swap and move on. But, the problem is real.
#78399 by notech
Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:48 am
I've been watching the horror stories about the handset and won't commit to a year of Premier (extra phone line) until they offer a stable handset. I have ATT Dect 6.0 (3 phone system with answering machine) phones that works fine with Ooma.

please fix your handset issues and you'll get more customers ;-)
#78521 by Morpheus
Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:19 pm
This just happened again. Handset was dead, battery was warm, unplugged the battery and pludded it back in and the handset was still dead.

I have another extra battery that was removed after the same problem a few weeks ago. I installed this battery and the phone activated. The battery was dead and needed a full recharge. It appears that allowing the battery to cool down and reinstall may allow the handset to activate.

A definite problem with charging system....
#78629 by KEM
Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:52 am
I did, the support representative didn't seem to have any knowledge of this issue before and put me on hold for a while then came back and said to swap the batteries between my Telo handsets and see if it happens again.

I *know* it is happening on one of the handsets, the other one is just sitting in an unused office until my number port is complete. So for all I know the other one may also be having the same issue and it has simply gone unnoticed.

Given the number of other reports here I'm concerned that could be the case especially since I've recently purchased the Telo handsets from Amazon which seems to be a common theme in other reports.

Another concern is as hot as the handset gets I'm a bit concerned it may be a fire hazard. I've repositioned it to a safer location until this is resolved.

- KEM