Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#70854 by jonjonbear
Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:12 am
Hello all,
Was very excited to get my first handset yesterday. Got it out of the box, installed the battery and got it registered no problem.
Even made my first call on it. I couldn't tell if the battery was full or dead as the icon would just cycle from the bottom to the top (it doesn't look like the battery icon in the pictures, it goes up and down) So put it on the charger and this am when I got up, it was completely dark. I tried powering it on with the end button, but nothing happened. The blue charging light was indicating it was charging. I took the battery cover off and the battery was slightly warm. I even tried removing the battery for a minute, and plugging it back in which did nothing.
Any ideas? Disappointing to get something new and it dies that fast..

Thanks for any suggestions if it's something I missed.

John
#70888 by Gbella
Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Could have written this post. Received yesterday, put a full charge on it, dead this morning. Charged all day again and when I take it off the charger it drops down to 3/4 full. Have also not been able to sync any new or updated contacts no matter if initiated from the phone or from myooma. Only contacts showing on the phone are the original 4 that I already had in my contacts list.

Should I call for a replacement or is there a burn in time frame?
#71047 by jonjonbear
Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:44 pm
Can anyone tell me what the Ooma handset should be doing when it's on the charger? The battery icon on mine doesn't change when I place it on the dock. It always cycles from the bottom to the top. When I put it on the charger, the blue light comes on but the battery icon doesn't change to some other icon. Should the handset be lit all the time, or no? Should the battery icon be indicating it's charging? is my pulsing battery icon doing what it's supposed to do?

Thanks,

John
#71426 by daryl
Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:35 pm
Just got two more Telo handsets. The charger base for both of them is defective. I'm not able to charge the handset unless I use the original charger base that came with the Telo system. I can see that the metal contacts are not in the correct position on the chargers and do not touch the phone contact points and as a result NO CHARGING. The bases were incorrectly assembled. Very poor quality control. :(
#71428 by ntoy
Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:27 pm
daryl wrote:Just got two more Telo handsets. The charger base for both of them is defective. I'm not able to charge the handset unless I use the original charger base that came with the Telo system. I can see that the metal contacts are not in the correct position on the chargers and do not touch the phone contact points and as a result NO CHARGING. The bases were incorrectly assembled. Very poor quality control. :(

Hello,

Please contact our support line & they would be glad to assist.
#71456 by SamNTamara
Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:21 am
Same exact problem. Brand new handset and Telo, put the battery in the handset stuck handset on the charger overnight (was flashing the battery charging). Woke up this morning went to register the phone and it's dead. Removed battery, tried powering on the phone, nothing. Support won't answer the support line. Not starting out too good, may be in a box back to Amazon on Monday.
#71544 by Gbella
Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:05 pm
I had posted that my handset was dead after overnight initial charge. I wanted to report back that it charged up again fine and has held a solid charge since. I guess it did really need a burn in. I could not get the phone book to sync after trying many things, power off/on, re-register, etc... I just now looked at the phonebook on the handset and lo and behold my new contacts are finally there. Hopefully new changes will sync down with no issues.
#71576 by ntoy
Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:27 am
Gbella wrote:I had posted that my handset was dead after overnight initial charge. I wanted to report back that it charged up again fine and has held a solid charge since. I guess it did really need a burn in. I could not get the phone book to sync after trying many things, power off/on, re-register, etc... I just now looked at the phonebook on the handset and lo and behold my new contacts are finally there. Hopefully new changes will sync down with no issues.

Hello,

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10339
#71718 by coconnor
Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:39 am
the same thing is happening to me! 2 new handsets - charged for a day - took off the craddle and had a blank screen. battery cover was warm. Did the usual: battery reinstal, back on the charger etc. etc. - went to use it again battery is very low. Finally took them off the charger(s) (in case they exploded overnight) and called customer service this morning! To me they appear to be both poorly design and defective units - they overcharge the battery, which intern overheats the phone and causes it to shut down. I guess i could send them back to Amazon but i would just be switching a defective phone for another defective device. I really think that this is a design flaw that needs to be addressed by OOMA! I welcome any and all suggestions or support that i can get from fellow users