Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#70619 by davidandamyh
Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:28 pm
When I look at the information screen on the Ooma Handset I see it was assigned an IP from my DHCP server. So does the Ooma handset communicate directly to the Ooma Telo base or does it communicate to the Ooma Telo base through my wireless Access Points? It appears it goes through my access points because the handset works over 250 feet from the base when it is nearer one of my access points at this location. Also if it communicates directly to the Ooma Telo base what frequency does it operate on ie 900 MHz, 1.9 GHz, 2.4 GHz etc?

Thanks
#70635 by southsound
Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:36 pm
The Telo handset is a DECT 6.0 handset that communicates at 1.9ghz. It does NOT communicate with your router except through the Telo itself. What you are seeing from the information screen on the handset is below. Since there are two of each, I've listed them in the order they show up on the screen:

i: = the MAC address of the Internet port
i: = the IP address of the Internet port on the Telo
h: = the MAC address of the Home Network port on the Telo
h: = the IP address of the Home Network port on the Telo

Some have noted great range using the Telo handset, others, not so much. If you are getting 250' then you are in the first group.

Welcome to ooma and to the forum!