Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#70250 by fly_fish_boy
Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:53 pm
I have a pager - you know those little black things that you wear on your belt. You can call me old fashioned if you want, but the fact is that my work environment is not very conducive to a cell phone, but a pager works really good for me.

Anyhow, my wife cannot page me from our ooma number. It rings three times, and then does that triple beep thing and says:
"We're sorry, you call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number and try again."

I know it is an ooma thing. My friend who has magic jack is able to page me o.k. Every other number and type of phone I have tried works o.k. I am not sure what the deal is, but it sure would be nice if I could page people from my ooma number.

Anyone have any ideas?
#70258 by murphy
Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:33 am
How are you dialing the pager number?
7, 10, or 11 digits?
Do you have 10 digit dialing enabled?
#70288 by fly_fish_boy
Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:44 am
The sound link that lbmofo provided is exactly what I hear. I have not tried calling ooma customer service yet.

I have tried paging with 7 digits, 10 digits, and 11 digits. None of them work, although I don't exactly remember what the particular "error message" was for the 10 and 11 digit options.
#70290 by EricJRW
Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:52 am
Is the number you are dialing an access number, or is it a private number to your pager?

I won't ask you for a private number, but if it was an access number (something like 1-800-SKY-TEL2, and then a PIN is entered) I'm sure we'd all be willing to give the access number a call from our ooma devices.

Other than that, I think it's time to call support.

BTW, I can make a call to the SKY-TEL number, if that happens to be your paging provider.
#70305 by ntoy
Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:56 pm
fly_fish_boy wrote:The sound link that lbmofo provided is exactly what I hear. I have not tried calling ooma customer service yet.

I have tried paging with 7 digits, 10 digits, and 11 digits. None of them work, although I don't exactly remember what the particular "error message" was for the 10 and 11 digit options.

Hello,

Have you been able to call your pager before? Could be a routing issue with our carrier. When you call our support line, it would be best to capture some details: pager number, date, time, & exact symptom so that we can escalate appropriately.
#70404 by fly_fish_boy
Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:48 pm
So, I tried paging myself tonight from my friend's phone who has an ooma telo (I have a hub). The page worked and went through! I thought maybe it was the hub, but as soon as I got home I tried it with my phone and it worked. I don't know if ooma did anything to fix it or not, but it works now and I am very happy. Thank you ooma!
#70424 by EricJRW
Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:08 am
Very cool!
#70432 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:58 am
EricJRW wrote:ooma hub with one scout (looking to add a few more)

OT but best place to get them is eBay. I've gotten mine for $20 something or less.
#70477 by EricJRW
Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:45 pm
lbmofo wrote:
EricJRW wrote:ooma hub with one scout (looking to add a few more)

OT but best place to get them is eBay. I've gotten mine for $20 something or less.

Just go a bit more OT, but these are hot items on ebay these days... I managed to get a used one for $12.50, but new ones are going for at least $30, sometimes nearly $50. I figure it was the deal at buy.com that heated up the market. Dang my luck.