Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#70267 by jamie985
Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:52 am
You mention a network log; why hasn't OOMA support asked for this? They have an issue with their unit that they need to troubleshoot. OOMA support has still not replied over the last several days since my first posting here; that shows their "second level of support" is not very responsive; hence the subject line of my original post!
#70270 by EricJRW
Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:28 am
jamie985 wrote:You mention a network log; why hasn't OOMA support asked for this? They have an issue with their unit that they need to troubleshoot. OOMA support has still not replied over the last several days since my first posting here; that shows their "second level of support" is not very responsive; hence the subject line of my original post!

I was think the same thing... My DVR has the "create log" (and even send it I think, if connected to a network) built in. But maybe support can access your device anytime they want, so they don't need customers to create logs?

If they expect users to sniff their network, then support really should step the customer through this. It's not in the typical home user's tool set (and why would anyone think to do it if not asked?).

PS. Check out murphy's post about the ooma tunnel: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10184&p=70282#p70282