Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#4840 by Chewiw
Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:34 pm
Overall, I've been happy with Ooma. But there is one issue that can derail this feeling.

I put $10 for international calling...called out of the country a couple very short calls. Checked my account...saw all my calls...how cheap it was...still had about $9...was happy.

Then a few weeks pass, my wife wants to call out of the country again. I check our remaining balance...voila it is $0 and shows no recent activity.

I sent an email to the support desk 5 days ago...no response.

Problem 1...is the support desk normally this unresponsive? Wow, makes me concerned about future issues.

Problem 2: what happened to the rest of my International $$? Not that it is a lot of $$, but I'm concerned about the systems and whether this will happen again.

Problem 3: my wife wants to make more calls...I fear plunking down another $10 because if Ooma just takes whatever you don't use after a short period of time, then Ooma International is more expensive than my previous land line system. Do your international funds 'expire' after a certain time with Ooma?
#4854 by WayneDsr
Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:32 pm
Do not use email for something this important. Call the helpdesk and be prepared for a wait. They are helpful, but they are over burdened at the moment.

Wayne