Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#69930 by dennis2000
Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:43 am
Hello,

I have 3 Ooma hubs and a computer connected through a DSL modem and a 4 port hub. One port for each Ooma and one for the computer. I can use two of the hubs (conversations happening) simultaneously and the computer accessing the internet. :D

However, when I use only the third Ooma hub (conversation happening) and the computer, internet access ends until I stop using the Ooma hub. :cry:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be happening? Is there a reset button on the Ooma. I have disconnected the power to the Ooma without any improvement. I have powered down the modem and hub. Is the Ooma broken?

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Dennis2000
#69973 by tommies
Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:33 pm
dennis2000 wrote:Hello,

I have 3 Ooma hubs and a computer connected through a DSL modem and a 4 port hub. One port for each Ooma and one for the computer. I can use two of the hubs (conversations happening) simultaneously and the computer accessing the internet. :D

However, when I use only the third Ooma hub (conversation happening) and the computer, internet access ends until I stop using the Ooma hub. :cry:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be happening? Is there a reset button on the Ooma. I have disconnected the power to the Ooma without any improvement. I have powered down the modem and hub. Is the Ooma broken?

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Dennis2000

Temporary remove your computer from the hub and connect to the third ooma HOME port. Open your browser and go to http://setup.ooma.com or http://172.27.35.1 (your may need to reboot the computer for it to work.)

click on the Network tab, and change the "Modem port MAC address' to use it build-in MAC. Click update.

You also may want to do the same for the other two.

Reason: there is possibility that the third Hub is cloning your computer MAC hence has the same ip address as your computer.
#69976 by dennis2000
Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:40 am
Tommies,

Thanks for your reply. I did what you suggested, made some changes to addresses, and left the computer connected to the back of the Ooma phone. Everything seems to be working now. I asked my wife to check this over the next few days.

Initial tests show a phone conversation and internet access on the computer both work now. :D

Thanks! :D :D