Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#69709 by ryansdadd
Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:29 am
Thinking im in trouble here.It all started this morning when I recived a call, picked up and couldnt hear the caller.Nothing but slight static on my end and I couldnt send/rec calls.(used cell phone) I tried reseting my router/+modem, to no effect. I then unplugged Ooma base, it went through the reset but blue ooma plastic tag on back flashed red several times as the rest of the lights cycled through.The plastic tab has no light now (Usually blue) If u call the voice mail will kick in and u can leave message,The light on the buttons are very faint.....of course out of warranty by a few months. Tried a couple more resets but no luck.

any suggestions???

thanks
mike
#69710 by WayneDsr
Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:39 am
Sounds to me like the dimmer on the right side is set low, turn the dimmer up. (left side is volume)
Then see if your voicemail (envelope key) is red. This would mean you are in privacy mode and all calls will go to voicemail. Hold this button down for 5 seconds to turn it off and get you back to normal mode.

Wayne
#69711 by murphy
Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:42 am
Can you change the intensity of the buttons by pushing the middle button in the top row?

Edit: I must be asleep. That statement applies to the Telo.
Last edited by murphy on Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
#69717 by WayneDsr
Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:58 am
Static usually implies a bad connection like a bad connecting wire or bad phone.

I would change the wire from your phone to the ooma hub with a known good wire. Then I would try a different phone if you have one.

If you have the hub connected to your house wiring, you might want to unplug the wire to the wall and see if the static stops.

You didn't mention if your ooma was integrated with your land line or stand alone (with a separate ooma phone number).

Wayne