Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#70108 by dsinternet
Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:30 am
I switched from Vonage to Ooma over a year ago. At first the calls did not sound as go as Vonage, but with all the Ooma software updates with the Telo, it now sounds just as good as Vonage 95% of the time. The cheaper cost is well worth the occasional hick up. I love my Telo and would not go back to Vonage. I signed up for lifetime (limited time offer no longer available) so my break even cost point is 18 months. My one time Ooma cost was almost $500 (lifetime was not cheap). I will have made up the cost in May of 2011. Great product. In the long run you will be happy with Ooma.
#70114 by kblgy
Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:28 am
same day in the estimate. also it's a good thing i had no issues cause vonage shut off my service on the day it ported. usually they leave it open for a few..
#71042 by careyd
Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:55 pm
My port went through today. By calling my cell phone, I can see that my regular home number is now identified as the caller. That's good. I'm worried about the issue with Vonage customers calling me though. Does that still happen? What are current switchers encountering?

What about issues with the Vonage cancellation? Do you have to TELL Vonage to cancel or do they do so automatically as part of the porting process?

Thanks.
#71046 by ntoy
Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:52 pm
Hello,

"I'm worried about the issue with Vonage customers calling me though." - If this is still happening, Vonage has not fully released your number from their database or routing tables. You will need to contact Vonage to address this issue.

"What about issues with the Vonage cancellation? Do you have to TELL Vonage to cancel or do they do so automatically as part of the porting process?" - After your number ports over to Ooma, it doesn't hurt to contact them to see if your account has been closed to prevent them from billing you.