Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#5090 by lohertz
Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:46 pm
scarson6 wrote:OOMA QoS is only engaged if you've got it behind the router, correct?

But your router should have a QoS engine. Depending on your router, you could have a better QoS than the OOMA. What type of router do you have.

If you do as murphy suggest, you will need to configure your router as a dynamic rather than PPPoE
#5319 by scarson6
Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:28 pm
lohertz wrote:
But your router should have a QoS engine. Depending on your router, you could have a better QoS than the OOMA. What type of router do you have.

If you do as murphy suggest, you will need to configure your router as a dynamic rather than PPPoE

I have a Linksys WRT110. I looked at its QoS page and it looks decent, but haven't tried it yet.

I'm going to try the Ooma behind the router again. How do I get to Ooma's setup page when it's behind the router? I tried setup.ooma.com and no such luck.

I sure appreciate your/everyone's help in this matter
#5320 by murphy
Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:35 pm
scarson6 wrote:
lohertz wrote:How do I get to Ooma's setup page when it's behind the router? I tried setup.ooma.com and no such luck.

You must connect your computer temporarily to the Home port on the ooma hub to get to the ooma setup page.
#5328 by lohertz
Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:13 pm
murphy wrote:You must connect your computer temporarily to the Home port on the ooma hub to get to the ooma setup page.

+1

and type setup.ooma.com in your browser